Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I LOVE MY JOB!!!!

Crafters -

How often do you hear that, in a NON-sarcastic way? How often do you hear that, and KNOW that the person really means it? 

You know that old saying, it goes something like this... "do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life." That's it!

I retired a few years ago. I enjoyed my job. I liked most of the people I worked with. I still keep in touch with some of them through Facebook, crafting, church, etc. Matter of fact, I just saw a friend I used to work with at the grocery store the other day! That's the fun part of living in a small town environment. Seriously!

But check this out! These are a few ladies from my team and I was VERY blessed to spend a few hours with them this evening at our monthly team meeting!
A few team members
with their August 2017 team meeting projects!

And want to see what we actually made? I still like the Keurig box the best, but I think the fancy fold was the MOST enjoyed by all! And we did a new 2-step stamping using a new stamp set and some new papers and ribbon!
August 2017 Team Projects

Actually ALL of tonight's projects were made with new products! And for the ladies who attended, several have not yet placed their preorders so they don't have a Holiday catalog, they each received a copy of the Holiday catalog! Laugh if you will, but I'm still "old-school!" I actually LIKE printed paper. I LIKE paper-paper books over the digital e-books. I LIKE receiving a card in the mail! You know what I mean.

Having a catalog in hand, to me, is like when I was a kid. Mom and Dad would receive the Sears Christmas catalog and we'd get to look through it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who did that? Having that catalog in hand, just makes it all prettier!

BUT the photos in the Holiday catalog just do NOT do justice to the papers, the ribbons, the stamp sets/thinlits/punches/bundles!; they are just WAY over the top for me, this year! I wish I could afford to just say "one of each please" but I know that's not gonna happen! So I bought a little of this, and a little of that, and we were able to play with some of it tonight.

It was so much fun hearing the crafters talk about how pretty the paper was, how this or that just didn't look that interesting in the catalog, and how playing with ALL of what we did - well, I think a few more preorders will be placed in the future! It's always much more fun when we play with our new toys!

Our team leader always tells us to "take your team along" with us. I am VERY blessed that I get to go along with these wonderful ladies on this journey! Can't wait until our next meeting in September!

Hope you enjoyed these fun projects. If you are interested in joining my team, you can read more about what we do at our meetings HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment