Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Ronald McDonald House - Happy Father's Day!

Crafters -

Sunday was Father's Day. We lost my dad to cancer (#cancersucks) two years ago. But my husband was able to spend the weekend with his mom. He came home Sunday morning and we were blessed to spend time with our son and my mom.

I schedule our crafting day at the Columbus, Ohio Ronald McDonald House (RMHC) for the THIRD Sunday of the month. However, last month, we crafted on Mother's Day, so I had thought "let's keep the crafting on Father's Day" too! It was just as big a HIT!

Thankfully, my mom is visiting for the summer AND she's part of my team, so guess who went with me to RMHC? And we met my friend and teammate Linda there also! Check out the table before we started...
That's my mom at the end of the table!

And here are some of the FABULOUS cards the crafters made. Read to the bottom of this post for the backstories on some of the cards....
Two brothers made these. LOVE how they BOTH picked out the different RED shirts!
AND they did their cards at slightly different times - you can tell these two are related!
O-H! (I-O!)
Don't you just LOVE how this young man decorated and wrote on his card?!
I DO! LOVE IT!!!!!
(My cousin Lori still signs her cards with "XO" and it ALWAYS makes me smile!)
Now, THESE - there's more of a story here. Read on....

This last photo. I have some "splaining" to do. (Anyone else remember I Love Lucy? LOVED that show!)

A new Dad made the card on the top left (green) - their child is currently in the hospital. This new dad was totally AWESOME - He was such a jokester! When I took the photo of his card, he told me that he hoped the other cards didn't feel bad because his was so good! I can tell you, humor makes a LOT of situations much better when parenting! His child is so blessed to have him as a Dad! We missed crafting with him last month on Mother's Day, but crafted with him on Father's Day. I pray that he and his family are back home soon! {{{PRAYERS AND HUGS FOR HEALING!}}}

The young lady holding her TWO cards - one is for her Dad. She was there with her sister, who's baby is in the hospital. So she made one for the baby's Dad too!

And check out the red shirt on the right side of the bottom photo. Do you see that she wrote "LOOK INSIDE" and drew a little circle/bubble around it? THAT is the best part of this card! You see, it is an origami-style folding for the shirt, BUT when you pull down the shirt front, it reveals a space for a secret message! THAT was so much fun for the kids (and the adults)! Praying for Baby "H" too! ***I will be doing my weekly Facebook LIVE on Wednesday, June 21st at 11:30 am Eastern and I'll show a quick how-to-make this shirt!***

And the last photo with the nine cards? Those are the leftovers we had. We made them and left them at the front desk for anyone to take. We brought enough for 30 cards, and this is all we had left. I'd say we did pretty well!

We will craft at the Columbus RMHC on Sunday, July 16th. IF you are a Stampin'Up! demonstrator and have volunteered with Stampin'Up! to help with the Columbus house, I hope to see you there!

And finally, hug and support those Dads out there! I came home and gave BOTH the boy and the hubby hugs and kisses. We are abundantly blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment