Friday, February 3, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams AND Thinlits Meet Falling in Love DSP



Friday, I am headed to "that state up north." You see, my team leader is having a training session FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND! YEAH!!!!!!

I am all set! I have my roommate gift for my friend Keri ready to go. I have my 3-D swap item ready for Saturday night's Pajama Party (check back on Saturday/Sunday to see if you can guess what that 3-D item is!). AND, I have my cards ready to go for Friday's general swapping!

I have been having a LOT of classes lately so I have been going through a LOT of cardstock! And I can't really decide which is my favorite color because lately, there have been quite a few.

So, for my card swap, I decided...
  • I was going to do that really cute (and easy!) pinwheel design. I demonstrated it at my workshop in January. We did this for the Card Ministry design at church for the January cards. I did this as a card design at a PRIVATE card class in January. It was a BIG HIT at all of those events!
  • I was SURE I was going to use the new Falling in Love Designer Series Paper. I LOVE this paper! I am actually on my THIRD package of it - and it just came out in JANUARY! (NOTE: That teeny tiny photo in the catalog just does NOT do this paper justice - WAY prettier IRL.)
  • I liked several of the designs but they were all different colors. Sky Blue. Blushing Bride. Sweet Sugarplum. Sahara Sand.
That left me in a quandary. Should I just pick two of the paper designs and make all 30 cards that one color?

NO!!!!

For those of you who have attended my workshops and classes over the past several years, you know that I like to mix and match colors! 

Check it out!
Dragonfly Dreams
and
Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies
Meet
Falling in Love Designer Series Papers


Which color combination do YOU like best? And just to make sure I was on the safe side, I made a total of 40 cards - 10 of each color! LOVE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment