Friday, December 16, 2016

Ronald McDonald House Charities




From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded;
and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
Luke 12:48 (NIV)



Our family is very blessed. Many of us are very blessed - and sometimes I don't realize it until I see someone else's blessings right in front of me!

As many of you know, I am the Lead Demonstrator at the Columbus (Ohio) Ronald McDonald House. Stampin'Up! has a list of volunteer demonstrators for each local house. And each month, I plan an activity involving paper crafting at the Columbus House.

Well, for the month of December, it was a little hectic at the Stock household! I was out of town with family and returned home Saturday early evening. And Sunday was my day for Ronald McDonald House. I had planned to be home LATE Friday evening/EARLY Saturday morning... yeah... tell God what you want and watch Him laugh...  :)

So, everything was SO hectic here. I didn't have any other SU! demos that were able to attend, so I knew I was flying solo. I almost canceled going. I'm so thankful I went. I was blessed beyond measure!

I made 42 of these green Pyramid Pals and brought in TWO plastic cases full of different colors of brads, both large and small. I had the Pyramids already put together and had the holes punched in each one. I even had the stars cut and ready! Had gotten some Halloween candy on sale and I was ready to rock and roll!

I have found that anything 3-D and involving chocolate gets LOTS of attention! Even the teenagers come and make the projects! At one point, we had SEVEN people making these little Christmas trees. Two of the kids were really little. Mom was helping one, and another resident Mom helped the other! This resident mom stayed at the table and helped me for about 20 minutes! God Love Her and I will continue to pray for her baby girl Brooke.

The kids each picked out their favorite colors and put them all through the holes. Two boys came over with their dad; their mom was up in the room with their baby brother. Now, I don't usually use names, but one of the guys was named Nick - and he KNOWS St. Nick - WHAT a blessing he was to me! These two boys were just GREAT! I loved talking with them and their dad! Want to see theirs?


And, because it WAS so busy, I wasn't able to take photos and help, so the photos did not get taken this time. Please know that all of the kids made absolute masterpieces with their little Christmas trees! I was humbled beyond measure with their creativity!

And this was all I had left!


I left the extras at the front desk for the residents to pick up as they wished. One mom even told me that she was going to leave hers in her baby's room. Her daughter was 12 days old on Sunday and this would be her only Christmas decoration for her room.

I will continue to pray for the families I met on Sunday. And I will count my blessings. I have so many...


No comments:

Post a Comment