Thursday, December 29, 2016

Another Great Year - Paper Pumpkin Style!

Crafters -

Have you seen the December 2016 Paper Pumpkin? It's called Another Great Year and IT. IS. FABULOUS.

This is a mini scrapbook, complete with double-sided papers, stickers, a cool retro stamp and a marker.

I met with my Pumpkineers on Tuesday evening. Because I didn't want them to cut up their papers (not just yet, at least) so I went through my papers to see what others used Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry. I found that A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack has LOTS of smoky slate, the Festive Birthday Designer Series Papers have some fun designs with Crushed Curry, and finally - did you know this? - the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Papers has basic gray in it. And since I liked the two gray designs, we used that too! (**The Halloween paper is on the Year-End Clearance too - for a GREAT savings!)

So... really thinking outside of the box, what do you think?
December 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Another Great Year
Alternate Projects made at December Pumpkineer Meeting

The large "X" and "O" are from the Large Letters Framelits and we used the VERY bling-y Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Papers. This card was SO EASY to make - I think we all had it done in about 3 minutes! Perfect way to end the evening!

Although everyone liked the projects (we placed a little bit of chocolate in the LOVE bag), I can firmly state that the flower design was the favorite! AND, we even had a little tutorial on how to use the punch! I do not use this punch NEAR enough - and I really need to remedy that!

**FYI - Stampin'Up! has given us mini scrapbooks before. I still use my May 2013 Good Life Brag Book - as a scrapbook for our boy. Each page shows his school photo, height/weight, AND I also include a sports photo when he participates! I update it each year. This new Another Great Year would be PERFECT to do this as well! ASK ME TO SEE the "old" one, next time you are here. It's a LOT of fun! I had blogged about it in May 2013 HERE.

Hope you enjoyed the ideas! The Pumpkineers meet next on Tuesday, January 24th at 7pm. We meet the fourth Tuesday of each month.

If you haven't joined Paper Pumpkin yet, you can JOIN PAPER PUMPKIN NOW and start attending our meetings and make these GREAT alternate projects too!

No comments:

Post a Comment