Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Crafters -

Today is Thursday, November 24th, 2016. It is Thanksgiving. A day to spend with friends and families and count our blessings. I know we each have so many...

Last week was a little busy; but busy in a GREAT way. I had a private card class, my monthly Coffee and Cards class, our church Card Ministry finished their annual fundraiser, and I was also blessed to go to Ronald McDonald House to make turkeys with some of the residents.

You see, Stampin'Up! is a sponsor with Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). Actually, if you look in the back of the catalog, you will see that each year, Stampin'Up! offers an exclusive set and they donate $3 of each stamp set purchased!

I'm the Lead Demonstrator with the Columbus Ronald McDonald House. Something I take very serious. We schedule a monthly date with the residents and we craft. Stampin'Up! recommends that we are there for only two hours, including set up and tear down. Some months other demonstrators volunteer; other months, I'm the sole demo.

The last couple of months, I have incorporated chocolate into our crafting projects. Let me tell you! Chocolate gets them REALLY crafting! :)  Even the boys come over to make the projects! It's been absolutely wonderful!

Well, Sunday, November 13th, was the November crafting day. Want to see what they made?
Turkeys made by the kids

Turkeys made by the kids

And the kids were SO great! We had a little bit of difficulty getting these little guys to smile for my camera. So the kids were off screen telling the turkeys to "say gobble-gobble! say gobble-gobble!" I think it made the turkeys smile so pretty for the camera! Thank you to all the kids who made the turkeys!

We put our stuffing of snack size M&Ms into the turkeys too. (The crafting boys and I decided that it was turkey poop - LOTS of smiles, even from the pre-teens!)

And finally, this is all I had left, after bringing 40 turkeys! I left them at the front counter for the residents.
My turkeys - left at the front desk for residents!



Our next crafting day will be Sunday, December 11th. I look forward to seeing other demonstrators at the crafting and hope to bring more smiles to the residents.

So then,
just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live your lives in him,
rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment