Thursday, October 6, 2016

Craft Bazaar and Leaf Framelits - Stampin'Up!

Crafters -

Fall is my favorite time of the year! Of course, once Christmas comes around, my favorite time of the year changes...  :)


With fall, there is the anticipation of Halloween and seeing all the kids in the costumes - hearing "Trick or Treat" when the kids come to the front door. Then, right around the corner is Thanksgiving; spending time with family and friends and being grateful for all the gifts and blessings we have in our lives. And then! To round out the year - CHRISTMAS! Decorations, the wonderful smell of "real" Christmas trees, no school for the kiddos, spending time with family and friends, and, of course, the REAL gift - celebrating the birth of Jesus!

And with all of those wonderful times, there are CRAFT FAIRS! Don't you just LOVE going to all the different ones and seeing the perfect gift - all the creativity?! I know I do! There are so many times, I'll see something and say to myself (or my husband!), "you know, I could make that" and then I never do! Because something else gets in the way - you know... life!

Well, not this year! I have signed up for, not just one, not two, not even three, but FOUR different Craft Fairs! And, I have been preparing for those. BUT, the fourth one that I was able to get into... My friend Amy told me about one at her church and with about a two-week notice, I'm in! WHEW! Thanks Amy!

So, wanna see one of the items I'm working on?
Paper Crafting and Chocolate - What a PERFECT combination!
I know you recognize the KitKats, but do you recognize the leaves? That's the Leaf Framelits from Stampin'Up! My mom has this framelit set and uses it all the time! But she lives about a thousand miles away (literally!), so it's a little hard to borrow it from her.

I ordered it and it arrived on Tuesday! Guess what I did Wednesday morning? You got it! I also took the plain Sahara Sand cardstock leaves with me when I met some friends for lunch on Wednesday. I crinkled the cardstock and then came home and sponged them. (Classic Stampin' In Pad Colors used here were Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry and Garden Green). Gotta tell ya - this photo does not do them justice!

I already had a project ready to go for these leaves! Last night, the last of them were assembled and placed in a basket ready for Saturday's Craft Bazaar at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3220 Columbus Street, Grove City. They are open to the public from 9a-2p.

Now, you cannot see it as these are still unassembled, BUT there is a strip of the pretty printed papers around each of the boxes. And guess what?

Stampin' Up! had TWO great deals this month! The first one ended yesterday, but the BUY THREE GET ONE FREE on select Designer Series Papers (DSPs) - those are the pretty printed papers - THAT deal goes through the end of the month! I know I just ordered mine yesterday - because the Candy Cane Lane paper is one the list! I just LOVE the designs, but especially the gingerbread house design!
**FYI - As I'm typing this, Stampin'Up! has advised that the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper is in LOW INVENTORY; order soon to ensure timely delivery.**

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment