Monday, August 8, 2016

What a Gem Paper Pumpkin - Jar of Jewels!

Crafters -

I'm typing this on August 8th, so there is about a day and a half left to ENSURE you will receive the August Paper Pumpkin (there is a sneak peek on the stamp set too!).

But each month, I send my Pumpkineers a PDF with several additional designs. The August 2016 What a Gem Paper Pumpkin had some really cute little boxes/ornaments. Although my friend Sandy R. told me that reminded her of earrings!  :)  I have copied and traced the daylights out of those ornaments! (NOTE: As of this writing, the REFILL kits are still available - click to purchase - you must be a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber to purchase these.)

So, I made some additional card designs. If you google this stamp set, you will receive a zillion different ideas! Well, I saw one and the lady had used her Jar of Love photopolymer stamp set (you can also BUNDLE it and save 10%) along with all the jewels from the What a Gem Paper Pumpkin kit. Since my Jar of Love stamp set just arrived last week...
Jar of Jewels
using August 2016 What a Gem Paper Pumpkin
and the Jar of Love Photopolymer Stamp Set
LOVE IT!!!


Don't you just LOVE it? I used a number of the InColors and after adding the stamped image of the ribbon and bow, decided to use Linen Thread too! Really set this off! 

Did you notice that the card accent is Flirty Flamingo cardstock and ink? Now only the Emerald Envy ink came with the kit, BUT the kit included thick Baker's Twine in both Emerald Envy AND Flirty Flamingo! Instead of the Linen Thread, my Pumpkineers could use their Flirty twine too!

And to really top this off, I brushed just a little wisp of the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush onto each of the jewels. **Little secret - go from light to dark on the jewels. My brush picked up a bit of the color after doing a few of them. Not a big deal, but didn't really want Dapper Denim ink onto the Peekaboo Peach inked jewels...

FYI - If you have not yet signed up for Paper Pumpkin, you can still JOIN NOW! Just make sure you join by August 10th for the August kit! With the SNEAK PEEK that Stampin' Up! gave us, I already have a few ideas running around my brain AND already know what paper I'm gonna start with too!

I send my PDF to my crafters between the 5th and 9th of the month, so we really can play with the kits all month long!

This was my ABSOLUTE favorite card and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment