Sunday, August 21, 2016

Bold Botanicals Paper Pumpkin - Stampin' Up!

Crafters -

All together - we can just say WOW! (Oh - and if you like this, don't forget to sign up for the #PaperPumpkinBOGO soon!)


I received my August 2016 Paper Pumpkin the other day. It's called Bold Botanicals. If you haven't yet seen the Stampin' Up! Youtube video, you can see it here (if reading this via email, you need to go to my blog to see it. For some reason, the video doesn't come through via email):


LOVE IT!


Well, you know that I always provide alternate examples for my crafters. We are the "Pumpkineers" - am I alone in remembering the Micky Mouse Club with the Mousekateers? The original one, not that one from the 90s!

Ok, so my Pumpkineers and I will be meeting on the 24th at 7pm with our kits. Want to see one of the cool cards that we will be making with our kits?

Check it out!
Bold Botanicals Paper Pumpkin
August 2016
Alternate Design

Stampin' Up! was kind enough to give us a sneak peek of the stamp set this month. SO glad they did! I thought the stamp set resembled the Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper. I'll let you in on a little secret too. I used the Floral Affection Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on another card - it would have worked here too. BUT since I already used it on a different card, and I wanted a little bit of embossing, I used the Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

And did you notice? The colors used are Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, and Watermelon Wonder cardstocks used (along with a scrap of Crumb Cake for the circle). YUP! Go ahead - look on page 172 of the big catty. Did ya see? The Affectionately Yours Cardstock pack uses... Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, and Night of Navy! So if you do not already have those papers, go ahead and order the DSP and matching cardstocks. They work BEAUTIFULLY with the August 2016 Bold Botanicals Paper Pumpkin stamp set!

And while I did use both the Night of Navy and Watermelon Wonder inks, did you notice that I also used the Early Espresso spot that came with the kit? 

I really don't know how they keep making each kit better than the one before. Especially since I LOVE the one before! How do they do this?

AND by making this kit so it coordinates so nicely with something already in the catalog - that really makes it nice! Now all I have to do is add papers envelopes and I'm ready to go - THANK YOU STAMPIN' UP!

Finally, I have made a total of four additional cards already! Usually I think about it for a while but as soon as I saw this kit - my mind was already racing! In a DAY! Can't wait to see what I come up with by the time I complete the PDF for my current Pumpkineers.

Hope they enjoy making this card, and seeing the other cool ideas on the 24th!

**NOTE: I thought the foil design in the DSP would really make this a WOW card, but since I have several Pumpkineers, I would not have enough of that one sheet to make a card for everyone... I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board. I really like those foil sheets they have in the Specialty DSP packs. Really, really, REALLY like those...

No comments:

Post a Comment