Monday, July 18, 2016

Pelotonia Fundraiser - Saturday, July 23rd!

Crafters -

Many of you already know this, because you have followed my blog and been a friend for a while, but we firmly believe #cancersucks - notice how I don't capitalize that stupid word?

Yeah... we lost my dad to cancer early last year. Many of you kept my business going during that time. I wasn't here and we concentrated on my mom and dad. That caused me to re-evaluate a few things and I took a break from stamping for several reasons.

And talk about a REAL Titus woman! That was my mom during those months. Actually, that is ANYONE who is a caregiver for a cancer patient. I know they just do it because they just have to, but WOW! Witnessing that first hand, showed me in so many ways the love my parents had for each other through their 50 years of marriage.

Well, my husband Paul and I met each other later in our lives. We went to different high schools, different colleges, grew up in different areas. Our paths would NEVER have crossed, except for our mutual friend Theresa. She's our George Bailey (ok, quick - who knows who George Bailey is?).

Paul lost his father to cancer while hubby was in high school. Then, before Paul and I met, his mother became a breast cancer survivor. (You see the recurring theme of #cancersucks?)



So, when Pelotonia began here in central Ohio, hubby joined them with a vengeance! He has done the complete 180-mile BICYCLE ride in two (yes, 2) days! Every year! EVERY year! You see, 100% of every rider raised dollar goes directly to cancer research at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute.

To help hubby with his fundraising goal, this Saturday, July 23rd, from 9a-12p, I'm offering a one-day Pelotonia fundraiser! You will make five cards while here (there may be some chocolate too!). Since I've been doing this stamping thing for a few years, I even have some old bicycle stamps, along with a few others, that we can use. 

You just need to bring your donation, your favorite adhesives, and your scissors! All other supplies for the cards will be provided.

RSVP by Friday, July 22nd

Contact me to reserve your spot!

Unable to attend?
and he will send you the five cards!
Hubby doesn't know that yet, but he will.  :)
Just make sure your address is listed with your online donation to his account. 

Thank you for supporting this wonderful organization.

Do you know the Stampin' Up Statement of the Heart?
To love what we do
and share what we love,
as we help others enjoy creativity
and worthwhile accomplishments...
in this we make a difference.

Let's join forces and make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment