Thursday, July 21, 2016

Paper Pumpkin What A Gem - Stampin' Up!

Crafters -

For those who are Paper Pumpkin subscribers, you "should" have received your kit by now. What do you think?

I KNOW! ME TOO! LOVE IT!!!! (picture me doing that sing-song-y voice, cuz I just did while I typed this!)

Now, seriously, I prefer cards. I'm not usually a 3-D item type of gal. BUT these little boxes are so stinkin' cute! There are two different sizes in the kit.

As many know, I'm having a Pelotonia fundraiser for my husband this weekend. All who attend will receive one of the larger boxes WITH A TWIST! I had some kraft paper that retired but it has SILVER on it! They are so cute! I absolutely LOVE them!

I took the kit and traced it onto the 12"x12" kraft paper. (12"x12" paper will fit 3 of the larger boxes). But while I was putting the boxes together today, LIGHT BULB!

CHECK. IT. OUT.
What a Gem Paper Pumpkin - July 2016
Alternate / Additional Idea
These are the smaller box size. I simply traced the design onto the glimmer papers. Then I used the Lots of Labels Framelits and made a little card/tag, just like the kit! Added a piece of ribbon and viola! I had five cute little treat bags!

Now, I gotta be honest here. If you follow the directions completely, when you seal the box, that's it! You pretty much have to mutilate the box to get the goodies out! Who wants to do that? Not me!

So, I did NOT seal the box. AND I used a 10" piece of ribbon, so there is plenty of play for them to open the box and have room to add the goodies and still keep the ribbon where it is.

All five Glimmer Papers are shown here: Blushing Bride, Gold, Dazzling Diamonds, Red, and Silver. A small scrap was also added to the little card/tag. For the ink, I used Blushing Bride, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Real Red, and Smoky Slate Classic Inks. The ribbons are Silver 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Gold 1/4" Natural Trim, Melon Mambo Thick Baker's Twine, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, and Smoky Slate 1/8" Stitched Ribbon.

Can't wait for my Paper Pumpkineers to see these on Sunday! Which color is YOUR favorite?


If you haven't yet seen the kit, here is the YouTube video from Stampin' Up.


Not a subscriber yet? JOIN NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment