Saturday, June 18, 2016

Penned and Painted - Stampin' Up!

Crafters -

I make a number of cards throughout each month. Some are for classes, others for friends or gifts, and still others are for our church's card ministry. Typically I do not make just one of a card, unless it is for a special order. I like to do assembly line!

Well, my Team Leader challenged us to make 20 cards and send those out. With this cold and life in general, I didn't get my 20 done last week.  :(  Well, she thought it was so important that she challenged us with the same challenge again this week!

And, I just LOVE the Penned and Painted Photopolymer Stamp Set. This is a two-step stamp (just means that to get the extra detail, you use a couple of stamps - makes it really POP off the page!).

YEARS ago, I heard Shelli Gardner (Co-founder and Board Chair of Stampin' Up!) say that we used the SPA treatment. S-P-A stands for Stamp - Punch - Assemble. And that's exactly how I do mine. First step is always stamping. Last step is always assembling, and everything else falls in the middle. Makes life MUCH easier!

To make 20 cards assembly line style, want to see how my set up works?
Assembly Line set up
Do you notice how I have the Duet Banner Punchout there? You KNOW how much I miss my Banner Punch that retired. I used it all the time. Well, when they retired it, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I liked that thing! And my stamp-a-ma-jig? How did we ever get anything centered on those small little pieces before this wonderful invention?!
Assembly Line In Progress!
I hate it when I close up a card before the ink is dry. So I have learned over the years to stamp everything and allow it time to dry. This has been the easiest way for me to do it. And if you notice, there are only 19 of the cards here. I gave one out before I finished stamping all of them! How cool was that?!

Still thinking about my banner punch? Check it out!
Penned and Painted Close Up
LOVE my Duet Banner Punch!
Using a 1" strip - a scrap really - I punched out from the Duet Banner Punch. Then using my snips, I cut the banner in half to give me those little flags. GREAT way for me to get my little banner!

And finally, here's a group shot of the cards - VERY pretty!
Penned and Painted
Group Photo

I'm hoping to get these cards in the mail on Monday. I know my friends and customers will enjoy this card as much as I do! Did you notice? The new 2016-2018 InColors are all the flowers and leaves!

Supplies are listed at the bottom of this post.

Enjoy!


Supplies used:
Hardwood BG Stamp Set (Clear Mount or Wood Mount)
Penned & Painted Photopolymer Stamp Set
Better than Email Photopolymer Stamp Set
Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad
Dapper Denim Classic Stampin' Pad
Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad
Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad
Peekaboo Peach Classic Stampin' Pad
Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad
Layering Squares Framelits
Big Shot
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Duet Banner Punch
Stampin' Dimensionals
Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment