Friday, June 3, 2016

June Coffee and Cards Class - Sneak Peek - Stampin' Up!

So.... what do you think of the new catalog? 


I KNOW! I LOVE IT TOO!

I placed an order in the wee hours on June 1st. I think the entire free world has placed their first order at that same time too! So I'm hoping my new goodies get here soon... That whole "Dear Lord, grant me patience, and grant it NOW!" type of thing. All in His time, huh?  :)

Seriously though, Stampin' Up! has the BEST people working in the warehouse and shipping our items! 

BUT, I was able to preorder a few items last month to play with, I mean to prepare for my classes. For the Coffee and Cards Class on Saturday, June 18th, we will be making all kinds of FLOWERS GALORE for this class (although, I will "man up" one of the cards for a Father's Day or masculine birthday card).

Want to see a sneak peek of the one card? Let you in on a little secret on this one. It will use ALL FIVE of the new InColors! That's right! Dapper Denim. Emerald Envy. Flirty Flamingo. Peekaboo Peach. Sweet Sugarplum. ALL. FIVE. COLORS.

AND we will use the new Floral Affection Embossing Folder on this card! These are the BEST new embossing folders (IMHO) but it does take a little bit extra to make it work without showing the folder lines on the paper. You see, this is a little different. There are TWO small embossing folders in this one! So, when you use them, because they are only on a small portion of the cardstock, you get lines from the folders.

Want to know how I took care of that little issue? (For those of you who have been with me for a while, you know I did this for the OLD little embossing folders too - but act surprised, ok? Don't want to give away all my secrets, right?)
Floral Affection Embossing Folder
Put a piece of chipboard, about the same size as the design, and adhere it to the folder!
I also put the directions on mine, so I remember what my Big Shot "sandwich" should be.
Makes life SO. MUCH. EASIER.
**NOTE: Everyone's Big Shot is a little different. You may need to alter YOUR "sandwich."


Without further ado, here's a glimpse of one of the cards we will make at the June Coffee and Cards class:
June Coffee and Cards Class
Love and Affection
Meet
Floral Affection Embossing Folder
AND
2016-2018 InColors!


Pretty, right? I liked this card so much, THIS will be my swap card at our Team Meeting!

We will make five cards with a cute little gift box. The card that we will "man up" will be your bonus sixth card! Please RSVP by Wednesday, June 15th.

Unable to attend? No problem! There is a To-Go option available. Contact me for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment