Monday, June 27, 2016

Banner Surprise Paper Pumpkin - PLAY BALL! - Stampin' Up!

Ok, so... how many of you are enjoying your June 2016 Paper Pumpkin - the Banner Surprise Kit? 

ME!

ME!

ME!

Earlier this morning, I sent a sneak peek of TWO different cards to my Pumpkineers. Well, then I started playing with my kit again. You see, I try to give them about a dozen different ideas. So... I started playing with my kit.

I had an idea for a Christmas card and was gonna work on that, but I had also put a few chocolates in one of the triangular cellophane bags that was included with the kit. BUT I didn't like the little topper that I had on it. So I was really just playing with it.

Well... using my Mint Macaron I put the striped circle on just half of the die-cut circle and then put it on the other half.

LIGHT BULB!!!!

Quickly I grabbed my Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad and matching cardstock, I cut one of the card bases into a quarter strip, and check me out!
June 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Banner Surprise Kit


PLAY BALL!

How stinkin' cute is this?

Now I gotta show you a blast from the past. Our boy is a teenager now and almost 6' tall. BUT when the boy was about 5 years old, he went to Florida to spend a week with his Grandma and Grandpa. The Cincinnati Reds used to have their Summer Training Camp nearby. And they LOVED going to the games!

Well, since it is predominantly an older crowd, when G-Ma and G-Pa walked into the stadium with the boy, one of the staffers asked them if the boy could "help them out" at the beginning of the game.

So what do you think my parents told this staffer? But of course the boy could help out! You see, my dad was a bit of a social butterfly (there is a VERY non politically correct term he used to use, but we will let this one go).

Here is my boy, in all his glory, not quite sure about what was going on - but he did say "Play Ball" to the crowd (don't look too close at the stands)!
The boy saying
"Play Ball"
into the mic!


We lost G-Pa last year to cancer (#cancersucks) but this is such a GREAT memory for the boy, my mom, and me. One we will always cherish.

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet! Anyone else remember that jingle? It's from the 1970s - Seriously?!

I was so pleased with this card and how it turned out. Plus it was a nice memory of my dad. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Love your baseball card. I also like the way your mind works. I have very little creative skills of my own and so depend on you and others like you to show me what I can do outside the box. This is definitely one I will CASE. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it - CASE AWAY! :)

      Delete