Saturday, May 7, 2016

Going Places DSP Stack - Stampin' Up!




Crafters -


Want to see, what I think is, the BEST card from the 2016 Sale-A-Bration Celebration? At least, this is what I think is the BEST one...  :)


Stampin' Up! is retiring a number of really cool items. Some of their best in years past, in my opinion. Like the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack. This was on backorder, because it was SO POPULAR. Then they got it in stock and everyone was singing and dancing and having a great time. We showed the paper to everyone. Which... everyone ordered and then it went into backorder status again. That whole Supply and Demand thing from Econ101!

This Going Places DSP Stack is a favorite, not just of mine, but of many of my customers. You know it is when they don't mind waiting for it to arrive. It is THAT good!

So Stampin' Up! had this mini convention type of thing in mid-April. It's called OnStage. Well, they recorded a portion of it and made it available to all of us demonstrators. Well, I watched it to see some of the new goodies (just one benefit of becoming a demonstrator!). BUT, what I saw instead were LOTS and LOTS of good ideas!

Shelli Gardner, Co-founder and Board Chair, showed a new paper (making it a little bit easier to miss my Going Places DSP Stack, but...) and showed how she showcased it on a card. It was beautiful and I really hope they allow that paper on the preorder list. Anyway, I wanted the crafters to make that card design at the Sale-A-Bration Celebration; it was that nice of a card design!

So I improvised, adapted, and overcame!

I think everyone enjoyed the spritzing the most! If you hold the spritzer really close to the paper, you get the saturated/splatter look on the bottom right of the card. If you hold the spritzer further away and let it "trickle down" to the card like on the left side of the card, you get the spatter look. (GEEK ALERT: I actually looked up whether it was spatter or splatter! Apparently, it is spatter on the left side of the card and splatter on the right side of the card. Back to your regularly scheduled programming...) 

I'll list the supplies at the end of this blog posting.

And here's the card - my favorite of the day!
Sassy Salutations with
Going Places DSP Stack
and SPRITZING!


Supplies Used:
Sassy Salutations Stamp Set - RETIRING
Lost Lagoon Cardstock RETIRING
Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack RETIRING
Bird Builder Punch RETIRING
Elegant Butterfly Punch
Bitty Butterfly Punch
Venetian Crochet Trim RETIRING
Tea Lace Paper Doilies RETIRING
Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Spritzer
Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Ink Refill RETIRING
Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Ink Refill RETIRING
Rubbing Alcohol - Available at any Big Box Store

No comments:

Post a Comment