Thursday, April 28, 2016

Projects from Sale-A-Bration Celebration - Stampin' Up!


Crafters -


I had a BLAST last Saturday with some of my crafters. This is the second year we have done this and TWO of the crafters attended BOTH years. While this year was a little different, both crafters agreed that BOTH years were fun!


Last year (2015), while the crafters LOVED all of the projects, they asked me to show a technique for the 2016 Sale-A-Bration Celebration. So that's what I did!


One of my favorite stamp sets, Swallowtail, is retiring. As you know, Stampin' Up! has let us know that if something on the Retiring List sells out, it sells out. However, because they make their own stamp sets, those are still available a bit longer. (They do have to gear up for production of the NEW stamp sets in the 2016-2017 catalog!) So Mr. Swallowtail should be around at least until May 15th.


And you know how much I LOVE my 2014-2016 InColors! Blackberry Bliss is my favorite and I'm really going to miss that one. BUT, I just like how all of the colors mesh together. So I grabbed my 2014-2016 InColor Stampin' Write Markers (which are marked down on the Retiring List!), along with Mr. Swallowtail, and some Whisper White Cardstock. The final technique I demonstrated was the Thumping Technique. This is not a new technique. I actually blogged about this THREE YEARS AGO on this post HERE.


FYI - if you are a new stamper and wish to make this card,
I would recommend you order the Swallowtail stamp in WOOD mount.
That way you have it ready to go!

It is such a wonderful and EASY technique to do. Check it out!

Thumping Technique
Swallowtail Stamp
2014-2016 InColor Markers

This one definitely went into the SCORE category! EVERYONE loved it! My friend Faye brought her daughter Marcia to the party as her guest. Marcia is the one that actually got Faye into Stampin' Up! So Marcia had seen the technique before (and I'm embellishing here), but she was just WOWED! OVER. THE. TOP.  with my demonstration (hahaha!). Seriously, everyone really liked it!


Here is a group shot of all of the projects each crafter made and/or saw demonstrated.

2016 Sale-A-Bration Celebration
Projects Made and/or Demonstrated

Check back next week for an up-close of the REST of the projects! Many are on the Retiring List, so don't delay if you want to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment