Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bible Journaling using The Open Sea - Stampin' Up!


My friend Brandi started a Bible Journaling Class once a month at our church. I use my Bible for my weekly Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class that I attend. And I highlight in my Bible. Sometimes leaving notes to myself if something has struck me. Let's face it - we can read the same scripture and get something different each time we read it - LOVE that God's Word meets us where we are!


So... I wasn't really sure that I wanted to get into this Bible Journaling. I can't really draw. Stick figures - yup! Curvy "V" for a bird flying in the sky - I'm your gal! But actually drawing? Yeah... that is NOT one of my gifts NOR one of my talents!

Well, Brandi had a Stampin' Up! party in March and she ordered several stamp sets. She started stamping in her Journaling Bible! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!! And with that, I was hooked!

She asked me to come to the April class to show how to use stamps and blender pens. I brought a few of my favorites. Now, keep in mind, I'm new to this. Draw in my Bible? YIKES!!!!! Especially since it is not my gift? DOUBLE YIKES!!!!

I HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST! I'm still new at it, so I'm still very tentative. I use my Bible and I like to be able to read the words.

Well, today Brandi posted that we would be doing Hebrews for the May class (which I will be missing... sniff, sniff). And she asked us to share some of our favorite Hebrews verses.

Here's mine:
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
Hebrews 6:19 (NIV)

AND, because every time I look at an anchor, I see the cross, this is what I had done a few weeks ago for one of my FIRST things to journal!


What do you think? Very basic and I hope you can tell that this was a BIG step for me to color in my Bible!

I stamped this using the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad, and colored the cross with one of my blender pens and Elegant Eggplant. You might not be able to see it, but I also colored the rope VERY FAINTLY with Cherry Cobbler and my blender pen (LOVE THOSE THINGS!).

FYI - when you use a blender pen and a LIGHT TOUCH, it will not bleed through the page as much. It still does somewhat, but it is faint.

Know where I got the anchor from? One of my favorite stamp sets! (HINT - It's in the title of this post!) The Open Sea. It is on the retired list and there is also an anchor in the Guy Greetings Stamp Set, but I like this one better. I think it's "prettier." I'm so going to miss The Open Sea Stamp Set!

Do you see the cross in the anchor too? 

Hope you enjoy this and would LOVE you to share your joy of stamping with His Word too!

No comments:

Post a Comment