Saturday, March 5, 2016

Wildflower Fields Baker's Boxes! - Stampin' Up!



Don't you just LOVE surprises?


Now, normally, I. DO. NOT. EVER. EVER. EVER. EVER.


I'm not quite sure how to explain that any further. I used to joke that if there was a calendar that was called "Life-At-A-Glance" - I would SO buy that!


Even when we were pregnant with the boy many moons ago. I wanted to find out the sex of the child (and yes, this was WAY before those really cool 3-D, 4-D, 5-6-7-8-D ultrasounds they have nowadays!). However, hubby was not interested in finding out. DRAT! Let's face it, if one of you knows, the other knows shortly.


So, we chose not to find out the sex of our "Little Snoopy." And again, remember, I do not like surprises. I won't say HATE, but dislike a great deal would work. So, we go to the hospital to have our little baby, because Little Snoopy did not want to come out on "its" own. And I just remember as Little Snoopy was entering this world, I heard our doctor ask my husband, "Daddy, do you want to see your son?" So "Little Snoopy" became known as our little boy!


It was absolutely the best feeling EVER finding out that our child, born healthy with ten fingers and ten toes, was a son. Which I was really glad about - we had both the first and middle names picked out for a son. We were still were debating on the middle name for a daughter! God is in control!  :)


So now, I sometimes like surprises; not always, but sometimes, surprises are good.


You saw the sneak peek yesterday for what I have been working on. And you've read how much I'm going to miss my Blackberry Bliss and all the other 2014-2016 InColors. And how much I'm enjoying the FREE Sale-A-Bration Wildflower Fields Designer Series Papers. And without further ado, these are the projects from yesterday's sneak peek!

Wildflower Fields DSP and 2014-2016 InColor Cardstock
Bakers' Boxes!


Aren't these just the cutest?!


You will notice that I also used a variety of punches or die cuts to place a little window inside each of these. That way, the person I'm giving this to can see the candy inside! Here are the ones I used:

Tangelo Twist - Extra Large Oval Punch
Hello Honey - Bold Butterfly Framelits Die
Blackberry Bliss - 1" Square Punch
Mossy Meadow - Baker's Box Thinlits Die
Lost Lagoon - 1.75" Scallop Circle Punch
**FYI - When using the punches, punch through just the one layer of cardstock first. Then adhere the DSP. THEN punch again, just the DSP. And yes, you will do this BEFORE the box is assembled. Trust me! :)

Don't you LOVE how I colored in those little circles with the 2014-2016 InColor Stampin' Write Markers? LOVE how easy that was! Wish I could take credit for it, but saw it on a Ronda Wade card. So glad she shares her ideas! 


To add the little window, you just need a little bit of a Window Sheet and I used the Tear and Tape Adhesive to make sure it stayed put! AND, with everyone selling Easter candy right now, my egg shaped, DARK chocolate Peppermint Patties fit PERFECTLY inside! I remember reading somewhere on the internet that dark chocolate is good for you, so since it's on the internet, it must be true!


Clothespin was added with a little bit of ribbon to finish it. Add chocolate (or jelly beans, or a little gift) and enjoy! Here are the ribbons I used:

Tangelo Twist - Tip Top Taupe 1" Dotted Lace Trim
Hello Honey - Watermelon Wonder 1" Dotten Lace Trim
Blackberry Bliss - Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Mossy Meadow - Delightful Dijon 1" Dotten Lace Trim
Lost Lagoon - Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim

Hope you enjoyed this cute little surprise! Make sure you check back tomorrow so that you can see what ELSE I made using the Baker's Box AND the Wildflower Fields DSP. I think you are gonna like the new one too! What a cute (and easy) way to make a little Easter gift!


Wouldn't these be cute in a child's classroom? Or even for your friends at work! 

To make it easier, there is a little box on the far right hand side. It says "Enter your email address:" and when you do that, you then hit "subscribe" just below that box. THEN you will receive the updates only when I update my blog.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment