Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Serene Silhouettes Plus Thumping Equals ??? - Stampin' Up!





a really cool technique card@

Well, that's a weird title, wouldn't you say? I would and I wrote the silly thing!  :)

Serene Silhouettes is such a GREAT stamp set. I have had this set for several years and I have used and re-used each of the stamps several times. Click HERE to see the stamp set at my online store. Again, the photo just doesn't do this set justice.

We had our Team Meeting last Sunday. We made a set of notecards and envelopes and had fun going over some information. We were talking and laughing for several hours! And we used one of my favorites - Rich Razzleberry - which you may know - is a VERY highly pigmented ink. So I had LOTS of ink on my fingers when we were done.

Side story. After stamping with my Team, I went into my old job to see one of my friends, Mike. Now Mike is about 6'4", maybe 6'5", and I'm not even gonna guess his weight! He's thin, but with that height... I'm not even gonna take a gander! So I'm talking with him and there are others around us while we were gabbing. All of a sudden, Mike grabs my hand and starts telling one of the other men that I'm a serious stamper - just look at all this ink on my hands! Ha ha ha! Mike is such a character. But he was right! I do love my stamping!  :)

Ok, so back to the stamping. I like the "Wow!" type of techniques. Don't do them a whole bunch, but they are really nice to know. Well... I like the technique called "Thumping." It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Check out what we made using the Thumping Technique on the tree from Serene Silhouettes:


And here is Kathy with hers:


And after the meeting, since I really am going to miss my 2014-2016 InColors, I used each of the five colors and made this set:



Do you recognize the grid paper with the different colors on it? Here's a hint. Those are the 2014-2016 InColors. Any guesses?

You will not be able to find that paper exactly like shown. It is the Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper! And I used the 2014-2016 InColor Stampin' Write Markers!

I wish I could take credit for this idea, but Ronda Wade just did this same thing with the Sale-a-Bration paper. And you saw how I copied it using the same markers but using the Sale-A-Bration Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper from THIS post. Such a GREAT idea and so stinkin' easy! The sideways banner is from the Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack. I thought those papers fit VERY nicely with the 2014-2016 InColors!

This card really is a WOW! but is really easy and doesn't take much time. If you would like me to do this as a demonstration at YOUR party, let me know!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment