Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Honeycomb Happiness + Greatest Greetings - Stampin' Up!




Don't you just LOVE when two different sets come together? I know I do! And on this one, I didn't even have to think about it!

Check out my "Thank You" card for my customers this month:
Honeycomb Happiness meets Greatest Greetings

Super cute huh?

Here's the thing. I went to my upline's meeting a couple of weeks ago. And I WON a prize! So I got to choose from the TABLE of goodies! It was so cool - I felt like a kid in a candy store! 

So, I saw this Honeycomb Happiness Clear Mount Stamp set and my upline had it paired with the Greatest Greetings Clear Mount Stamp set. Ok, ok, ok, I know, I know, I know. Greatest Greetings is a very versatile stamp set, but I hadn't purchased it because it really isn't my style. I wouldn't use any of those stamps - at least, that's what I told myself. Let me assure you, I was incorrect! Do not tell my husband - but I really did need this stamp set. I just didn't know it yet!

So, when I started to make my February Thank You notes, I knew I wanted to use my Hello Honey cardstock and some of the Hello Honey colored DSP from the Farmers Market Designer Series Paper, and I knew I wanted to use my Very Vanilla cardstock, because it has felt quite neglected lately. But I also wanted to use my Blackberry Bliss ink. Is anyone else going to miss the soon-to-be-retired 2014-2016 InColors? I know I'm almost ready to go into mourning! 

Want to know how I made this card? Follow me!
To begin, I cut my Hello Honey cardstock at 8.5"x5.5" (half a sheet of cardstock). Then I took a 4.0"x5.25" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and ran it through my Chevron Embossing Folder. Look closely at the photo. Do you notice anything? I only embossed most of the Very Vanilla cardstock, not all of it. I put it in "sideways" so the ziggy-zaggies went left to right! That way I could stamp the "you're eggstraordinary" on the bottom of the cardstock. I then added a 1"x4.5" strip of the Hello Honey colored DSP from the Farmers Market Designer Series Paper and using my Paper Snips, I cut a little banner end on it. Adhered all to the Hello Honey card base using my SNAIL adhesive.

After stamping Mr. Chick in Jet Black StazOn on some scraps of Very Vanilla cardstock, and coloring him with my Aqua Painters, I then used my Big Shot and my Ovals Collection Framelits - pay really close attention here. This one gets tricky.

I ran Mr. Chick through the Big Shot with one of the ovals. Then I grabbed the NEXT SIZE UP oval and ran that through with some of my Hello Honey scraps. Then, and I very rarely use this one, but this is the really cool part.

Grab the largest oval, the one with the scallops on it. That one. I placed the Hello Honey Oval under the large Scallop Oval Framelit and it "cut" the "egg" in half. I then put half of the "egg" behind Mr. Chick's head, and the other half in front of him. They line up PERFECTLY! Just to make sure it held together, I did put a small strip of clear tape on the back of the "egg" before I put my Stampin' Dimensionals on it.

Put it on the card and he made such a cute little Thank You card! Although, Mr. Chick would be a really cute Easter card too.

This is a cute, fast, and EASY card for Easter. Let me know if you'd like to schedule a private card class with five of your friends and make these Easter cards, along with a few others.

And this card design was patterned after the Welcome card I received from my fabulous upline. So glad she shares her gifts and talents with all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment