Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack - Stampin' Up!

WOW!

Have you had a chance yet to look through the Occasions Catalog?
Occasions Catalog 2016

Again, WOW!!!! I wish I could just say "I'd like one of each please!" Anyone else ever feel that way? No? I'm alone on this one, huh?  :)

Well, my goodies arrived last week and I have been having so much fun playing with those new items. As you know, I'm offering the Cuppa Class on February 6th - you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE this one. And so easy. The stamps match the framelits and there is a matching Designer Series Paper Stack with it too. Oh and did I mention the ribbon and the embellishments too? WOW! Anyway, since I now have all my designs ready to go and am just waiting on one roll of ribbon...

Oh wait!

I'm digressing, yet again!

I wanted to talk with you about the new Going Places Designer Series Paper Stack. LOVE - LOVE - LOVE this paper! This is one of those that can stand completely on its own! Although it does have a very nice coordinating stamp set, Going Global. When I saw it in the catalog, I just KNEW this would make some NICE cards, both masculine as well as feminine!

So, I was looking through my Stampin' Success.This is the magazine that Stampin' Up! gives to its demonstrators so we know a little bit about what is going on. They have some really cute samples inside, along with directions. And you know me - I LOVE to combine ideas!

Stampin' Up! had this really cute framed piece on the cover of the Stampin' Success Special Edition 2015. So, I set to work. This is what I started with for the pieces and parts:
Doesn't look like much, does it?

Wait for the magic to happen!

Here is the final project:




Don't you just LOVE it? This card took more time to DIE CUT than it did to assemble! That's the kind of QUICK and EASY card I like, how about you?

You will notice there is absolutely NO STAMPING on this one! My Big Shot was doing double duty though with the embossing AND the diecuts! And do you notice the ribbon pieces? Stampin' Up! listed linen thread for those little loopies behind the DSP. But I have a whole roll of Burlap Ribbon that is just burning a hole in my pocket! So I cut an 8" piece and then pulled the longer pieces out of it. Cut them and made 'em into those little loopies. E - Z, I am telling you!

The butterflies are diecuts from the Butterflies Thinlits AND the Bold Butterfly Framelits. And each butterfly used a different printed paper from the DSP. So you are viewing 4 of the 12 printed designs. I think my favorite is the strip piece. The one with the black background and vanilla writing. I would purchase a WHOLE BOOK of just that one print!

Did you notice the little "body" for the butterfly? That's the SHORT pieces of the Burlap Ribbon! I tied them together and made the ends into the antennae for my friend Mr. Butterfly.

The only time I pulled out the Sahara Sand Classic Ink on this card was to use my sponge dauber after I used my Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Just a little here and there to add some dimension to the card.

And Mr. Brown (aka UPS) is delivering a package this week. WAIT until see you what I'm going to do with my new Flowering Fields Stamp Set - FREE during Sale-a-Bration! And I'm using my Butterfly diecuts again too. Don't you just LOVE when you can really get a LOT of ideas out of a product?!

Let me know if YOU want to make this card at YOUR workshop. I'm scheduling for February now!

No comments:

Post a Comment