Saturday, January 9, 2016

Card Class Last Week was a BLAST!

We had SO. MUCH. FUN!

On January 1st, I had posted this photo on my Facebook page with the dog in the corner.
He's so excited when everyone comes over to see him (shhh... don't tell him otherwise!), so he was "resting up" for everyone.  :)

It was so nice to have my mom here and my aunts were able to attend as well. Grandma's coffee cake was a hit and everyone enjoyed the cards! We used all retired Designer Series Papers and everyone's was a bit different. Different colors, different shapes, different but the same. It was really nice!

Here are my cards that were displayed. Several used the same designs, others changed them.



Here are my Aunt Vickie's:
On Vickie's, can see that she used BOTH sides of her DSPs! I really like the way she did the stripes for the masculine cards. Those are always the hardest for me.


And my friend Kathy's (she takes hers home and modifies the card design - such a GREAT idea!). She chose to change the designs on a couple of them.


Of course, we had so much fun, I forgot to take photos of everyone else's - INCLUDING MY MOM'S! Ugh!

But, did you notice in all the card photos? We used the retired and currently on CLEARANCE RACK the Party Pennants Bigz L Die. This was one of my all-time favorite dies! It is the older style "BIG" die (just use the two clear plates with the Big Shot), but you can do so much with this die. And it is SO GREAT that it is now under $20 (I paid the original $32.95). You can make banners out of it, use it for large designs like we did, even make some really nice tags with it! And unlike the thinlits (which I LOVE!), you can actually do two and sometimes THREE layers to cut out. Makes the diecutting go so much faster!

With Sale-a-Bration going on, this is a GREAT time to place your orders. Don't forget to check the Weekly Deals (they change on Tuesdays) and the Clearance Rack. You never know what you are going to find!

Check back tomorrow to see what I did for my husband's bicycle group ride... See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment