Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bicycles... And a Nice Cuppa?

Ok, many of you know my husband is an AVID cyclist. He enjoys it so much, he actually has a TEAM of trainers AND he also likes to TEACH a Y-Cycling Class at the YMCA. I've taken it before, but I just cycle. I certainly cannot "hang with the big dawgs!"  :)

But I digress. This year, as they have done in several years past, they are having this "Big Ride." It is in March. The way I understand it, they get credit (points, something...) for each class they attend. And to keep track of it, they have this board thing to show everyone how many classes they have taken.

A few years ago, I had an old machine and the bicycle cutout that went with it. I had made some bicycles with magnets and they used those to show each person's progress. Well, that was SEVERAL years ago (like 5+!) and while they have used and reused them, they were showing signs of wear.

What to do? What to do? Especially since I pretty much have SU thinlits now! Well, I found a bicycle thinlit at a local big box store and using some old contraband scrap papers, check out what I made!
You may need to click the photo to enlarge it. The small white piece is for the cyclist's name. Each person gets to choose his or her own bicycle to show his or her progress! Pretty neat huh? Each is a magnet.

Check out how I'm sending him into the YMCA with them!
Always hang onto those takeout containers, huh? Anyone else LOVE GenjiGo? Should make it nice and easy for him, especially with the Ohio weather!



Well, that got me to thinking. Anyone who has ever met me or followed me for more than a week or two, KNOWS how much I LOVE my coffee! There is a new stamp set, a new framelits dies set, and a new Designer Series Paper Stack in the new Occasions Catalog. Mine should be arriving on Tuesday. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!!!!!

So, I'm going to do something with my A Nice Cuppa stamp set:



my Cups and Kettle Framelits Dies:



and my new Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack:
Make sure you check back on Saturday, January 16th to see what I have up my sleeve. I think you will like it "a latte."

AND my February card class will be based on these products. You can read about it by clicking on the Classes tab at the top or click HERE to go directly to the classes schedule. The class will be offered on Saturday, February 6th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment