Monday, July 6, 2015

You've Got This - Stampin' Up!

Crafters  -

You already know what a GREAT company Stampin' Up! is. Their products are wonderful, the cardstock matches the ink matches the buttons matches the ribbon, etc. Wonderful!

Well, let me tell you about one of their wonderful people - the lovely Andrea Withers! I'm confident that many of the Stampin' Up! demonstrators know her. She's just the sweetest person you will EVER meet (IMHO).

I have blogged about Andrea a few times.
  • At Convention 2011, when I was a Make-and-Take Helper.
  • At the Chattanooga Regional 2012, when she saw me standing in line. AND SHE REMEMBERED ME! I tell you, these young kids nowadays have WONDERFUL memories!  :)
  • At Leadership 2013, when she was one of the speakers for the Ramping Up Your Social Media Presence.
I also saw her at the April 2014 Unite and Excite in Columbus and thought I had a photo and blogged about it, but I guess not ???? She told me at that time that she was taking a few college classes and we discussed it.

So, fast-forward to the end of June. The lovely Andrea called me about something and left me a message wondering if I was going to go to Convention 2015. As many of you know, my father passed away in February. We are having his Celebration of Life party on July 25th. That is the final day of Convention. Playing a fun game of Phone Tag, I called her back and left her a message explaining that no, I would not be attending and why. I also wished her luck with Convention and hoped she was doing well.

Guess what I received in today's mail?


She wrote a beautiful note to me about how sorry she was for the loss of my father and that she was sending me hugs from SLC! She even signed it with "hugest hugs! {heart} Andrea Withers." This is not something you receive from just someone on the other end of the telephone. This is something you receive from a very thoughtful person. Thank you Andrea for sending me such a nice note!

AND my team meeting is THIS Saturday. I already have my Shoebox Swap ready to go, but I think this will make a really nice card for each of us to make! The stamp set is a WONDERFUL set called You've Got This. The card base is Tip Top Taupe cardstock, Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad is the green background design, Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad is the flower, the sentiment is stamped in Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad, and it looks like the flower and stem are stamped using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. It looks like she used a bit of Silver Foil behind the flower. She used her 2-3/8" Scalloped Circle Punch and 1-3/4" Circle Punch to punch out the center. At least, that's what it looks like to me. And that's what we will be doing on Saturday!

So Andrea - thanks so much for the note card and wishes inside, and thanks so much for the GREAT idea for my team meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment