Sunday, July 26, 2015

Waterfall Card - Stampin' Up!

Don't you just LOVE birthdays? Sometimes, we have milestone birthdays! You know the ones I'm talking about. For those who are younger, they may look forward to turning 16 (or 15.5 in some states!), turning 18, 19, 21, 25, even 29. Then we may (or may not!) look forward to some of the others for us who are young at heart - 30, 40, 50, even 60 and 70!

Well... (pause for dramatic effect)

One of my friends, and a fellow crafter, her husband and my husband work together! Her husband asked my husband for a birthday card for her, his lovely wife. And the last time she was at a card class here, she let me know that she would be turning 40 this year! Such a young 'un! At the card class, we were wishing we were turning 40! (huge smile!)

I just KNEW she was looking forward to a special card from her hubby! Game on, right? I definitely had to bring my "A Game" to make this card. No pressure; she'll only turn 40 once, right?

Because I just LOVE the English Garden DSP and how it looks with the Blushing Bride Cardstock, I wanted to use those two in her card. I LOVE all of the designs in the package, but the Blushing Bride/flower design is one of my favorites. The colors that are on this particular print are Blushing Bride, Hello Honey, Old Olive, and Soft Suede. All are on a white background, so I also used Whisper White cardstock.

And because I LOVE the new Bold Butterfly Framelits, along with their matching Butterfly Thinlits (how can you order one with out the other? It's like peanut butter and jelly - they just go together!), I wanted to use the Bold Butterflies with this card. And I thought the small butterfly would look nice, but how to coordinate all of these items? What to do? What to do?

So I pulled out an oldie-but-a-goodie! Anyone make a Waterfall Card lately? These are SO. MUCH. FUN. It really has been YEARS since I've made one of those!

Check it out!

Isn't it pretty? I did take a video of how this card looks when complete, and if I can figure out how to add it to this blog, I will! Basically, to give you an idea, you gently pull the Silver 1/8" Ribbon and each butterfly cascades. So you first see this blushing bride, then the hello honey butterfly, then the soft suede, then the old olive. Finally, when all the butterflies have "flown," you see the message. I also added a message inside the card for her husband.

Hope you enjoy the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment