Monday, June 1, 2015

Sneak Peek - Best Thoughts - Stampin' Rewards - Stampin' Up!

Can I let you in on a little secret? I LOVE THE NEW HOST STAMP SETS! Did you notice the name change? Stampin' Up! is revamping the Hostess items with the new catty. It will be called "Stampin' Rewards" instead of "Hostess Dollars," and no longer "Hostess" - everything is "Host." I'm so glad - I have TWO husband/wife teams who craft with me! Should make them feel more comfortable! More on the Stampin' Rewards a little further in the post, but check out this card!
Best Thoughts Host Stamp Set
Clear, Item #138700
Wood, Item #139234
Available June 2, 2015

LOVE IT!

Ok, if you have received your catalog from me, you should recognize that little butterfly on the envelope. YUP! That's the little guy stamped on your bookmark! And you should recognize the ribbon too. This card uses the Watermelon Wonder 1" Dotted Lace Trim Ribbon. This ribbon is so pretty and so easy to tie into ribbons, and bows, oh my!

Did you notice that the Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper is staying in the new catalog too? I LOVE this paper - it goes with EVERYTHING! And it is so lightweight (the catalog calls it "ultra lightweight"). And I just LOVE that you get 24 sheets (4 each of 6 double-sided designs). Makes it really nice when I want to have several card designs. YEAH!

Ok, back to the card. We used Very Vanilla, Watermelon Wonder, and Basic Black for the cardstock. Go to page 141 of your new catalog and you will see that there is no longer a Basic Black stamp pad, so we used the Memento Tuxedo Black Stamp Pad for the greeting. (The Basic Gray stamp pad is gone too - and I LOVED that color...)  We stamped the flower and butterfly in Watermelon Wonder. Added a little color with the Watermelon Wonder and Basic Black by punching just the flag ends on the Bow Builder Punch (SO glad this punch made it to the big catty!), a piece of one of the Tea Lace Paper Doilies, and finished it with a Very Vintage Designer Button (under the ribbon). Don't forget to add Very Vanilla Medium Envelopes to complete the look!

I thought this was the easiest card we made! It took us about 15 minutes, and again, we were talking, so your time might be a little bit less.

NOW, back to the Host Sets and the NEW Stampin' Rewards! Few things:

  • On June 2nd, you still fall under the OLD Hostess Dollars (for a $150 workshop, you will receive $25 in Hostess Dollars).
  • On June 2nd, and June 2nd ONLY, you can choose from ANY Hostess/Host set from from the OLD (2014-2015) catalog, the Spring Occasions catalog, AND the NEW (2015-2016) catalog. On a $150 workshop, you would just pick out your $25 in Hostess Dollars. You can also choose from the regular merchandise. But if there is a Hostess/Host stamp set you like, get it while you can. These are only available when you have a $150 or more workshop/party.
  • On June 3rd, the NEW Stampin' Rewards program begins. AND you only have the NEW catalog (ONLY - HAHAHA!) On a $150 party, your Stampin' Rewards is now 10% (or $15).
NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE!



  • If you are like me, (GEEK), you can do the math quickly and figure out that is $10 less on a $150 party. To me, that's about a package and a half of cardstock!
NOT TO WORRY!
  • Check out the prices of the Host Stamp sets. The most expensive CLEAR MOUNT stamp set is $10 in the new 2015-2016 catalog. (The most expensive CLEAR MOUNT stamp set in the OLD 2014-2015 catalog is $17!) See, right there? Just saved you $7! :)

Personally, I like the NEW Host stamp sets WAY better than the OLD Hostess stamp sets. The way I am looking at it - While I REALLY liked the OLD Bloom With Hope Hostess set, I REALLY-REALLY like both the Best Thoughts and Floral Wings Host sets in the NEW catalog. Using the new cost system, I'm able to choose BOTH of those Host sets for about the same cost as the one OLD Hostess set. It's like I'm getting more for my money.


If you have any questions about the new Stampin' Rewards when you place your order with me, please contact me BEFORE you place your order. I'd LOVE to talk with you!

I will tell you - I'm getting my order ready for June 2nd, so I can still get the higher Hostess Dollars, but also choose from the new Host stamp sets in the new catty!

Check back tomorrow - Tuesday - to see my really easy card using the Floral Wings Host stamp set too!

And Tuesday (tomorrow) is the first day of the NEW Catalog! YEAHHHH!!!! Can't wait!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card Dawn! I love the new in colors and, I agree, the host sets are fantastic this year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Anxiously awaiting the new catalog and all the NEW items in there too!

      Delete