Sunday, March 1, 2015

Thank You for Your Patience!

Crafters -
 
Thank you so much for your patience. Many of you know that I cancelled my February card classes very abruptly.
 
My dad passed away in the wee hours of Friday morning with my mom, his wife of 50 years, by his side. Dad did not want a service, but he did want mom to have a "party" with friends and family to celebrate his life. Because OSU brought him back from the brink, so to speak, he told her he also wanted an Ohio State University sweatshirt displayed at the party. Mom is working on scheduling this "party."
 
Although I am understandably sad for me and my family, my father was a Christian and I know that we will see him again. Please feel free to pray for our family during this trying time.
 
Several of you have contacted me privately, asking if you could send flowers for the service. Thank you! My folks were absolutely FLOORED by the care and compassion of the staff at the James, the Wexner Medical Center, and the Ohio State University. In lieu of flowers, mom has requested that a donation be made to OSU in his memory.
 
Dad's obituary is HERE. (If you prefer to cut and paste: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldtribune/obituary.aspx?pid=174283704)
 
Again, I thank you for your continued patience. I will update my class schedule sometime in the future...

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I"m so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and hugs. Mindy Gray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy - Thank you for the prayers and hugs!

      Delete