Sunday, January 25, 2015

Doughnuts and Cards - Thanks So Much!

Crafters -

I had an absolute BLAST yesterday with all my friends making cards! A couple of new ladies were able to attend and a good time was had by all!

Here are the three cards we made yesterday.
Doughnuts and Cards
January 24, 2015

HELPFUL HINT: Gotta give you a little hint that I learned yesterday. Do NOT use the Lotus Blossom Stamp #3 (the largest of the flowers) on a folding table! It does not provide a nice inked image! We moved that flower stamp to the kitchen counter. You need a FIRM surface for that image. All of the other images were ok on the table, just not the largest flower!

After everyone left and I was cleaning the room, I was able to put away the extra Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes and the Crumb Cake Note Cards and Envelopes, but I had cut Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock to note card size, and I already had the Baked Brown Sugar butterflies cut, and well, I had a couple left over... So I got to play!!!! And did I ever have fun!

First, the close up of the card we made on Saturday during Doughnuts and Cards. We used the Butterfly Thinlits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, and Petite Pairs Stamp Set. The small inked butterfly on the envelope is from the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set.
Doughnuts and Cards
Butterfly Card


And, by adding a few other stamp pads (Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, So Saffron, and Wisteria Wonder), a small amount of Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine, scraps of Whisper White Cardstock, and the 3/4" Circle Punch, I used many of the Butterfly Basics Stamps and made this card with my leftover cut card kits!
Butterfly Basics Card
Amped Up Version!

The amped-up version took a LOT longer to make but I am really pleased with the results. I think this will be my Thank You note for all online orders between now and Valentine's Day. What do you think?

Hope you like this revised card! I know I really like it and can see me making quite a few of these in a variety of colors! Please feel free to leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment