Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Cards - Noel Paper Pumpkin - Stampin' Up!

Crafters -

I know all of us LOVE a great deal, and I am absolutely no different!

Stampin' Up! has been offering their past Paper Pumpkin kits on the website (you can see them HERE). These are so easy to make! The only thing is... you have to be a subscriber to get in on these deals.

EXCEPT...

Stampin' Up! began offering to their demonstrators (that's me!) this really wonderful deal! As a demonstrator, I could order LAST year's Christmas card design, but wait! There's more! They added several refill kits, and basically, I was able to order 16 Christmas cards in one Party Pack! The idea was to showcase these during workshops, events, etc.

Well, for those of you who attended the November Coffee and Card Hour, you MADE one of those cards. Weren't those easy? Here's a picture of the card, along with the tags, that we made earlier this month.
November Coffee and Card Hour

As many of you know, my mom is a crafter. My dad has been going through his cancer treatments, and recently had surgery on that evil thing, and my mom has gotten a little behind on her card making. My mother-in-law also likes to craft, but her eyesight isn't what it was. So, I got to thinkin'! (A dangerous pastime, I know!) After discussing it with hubby, as an early Christmas present, I got a kit for BOTH ladies!

BUT, let's face it. 16 cards each isn't a whole lot for these two women. So I also got a package of Very Vanilla cardstock. I cut the Paper Pumpkin base in half so I could get TWO cards out of each one, and I adhered the printed half card base to the Very Vanilla cardstock. That immediately DOUBLED my cards and made 32!

Now onto the NOEL piece. Hmmm.... I didn't have a die that would work, although there are several in the catalog, I just didn't have those in my inventory. I really liked the Party Pennants Bigz L die, but couldn't get it in time. What's a girl to do? Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. So that's what I did!

You betcha! I used my Labels Collection Framelits, to give it a fancy decorative edge, along with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and I made my own! FYI - it did take quite a bit of improving, adapting, and overcoming to get the silly thing lined up right, but I finally was able to fiddle with it enough that it worked. The Party Pennants die would have been MUCH easier!

I also used an old alphabet set that matched the font for these two ladies. I've since made my OWN set and used the Little Letters Thinlits and those are really nice! And using my trusty-dusty 2-Way Glue Pen, put them on the cutout piece. Then I sent the boy to Florida to give the set to my mom. My mother-in-law was just here a few weeks ago, and we made our own assembly line and put hers together while she was visiting.

Here are my mother-in-law's. All 32 of them!
Dawn's MIL - Nancy's cards

What do you think? Hubby was in charge of the stamping "Wishing You a Merry Christmas," MIL was in charge of the stars and adhering the artwork to the front, and we ALL added the star garland to the fronts. I pulled out a few inside Christmas sayings, and my MIL made a few different card sayings.

So fast forward to Friday. Dad had his surgery on Wednesday and mom has been with him almost the entire time. She did go home to shower and change, but she brought this kit with her to the hospital. Check out what SHE did!
Dawn's mom - Donna's cards

I don't care what others say, crafting really does soothe the soul. Now you notice, my mom likes a slightly darker red, so instead of Real Red, she used Cherry Cobbler. She also stamped a few of the stars where the star garland is, and added a little bit of silver cording (retired).

Now, both ladies have 32 Christmas cards handmade by them, stamped, ready-to-go, all in plenty of time for Christmas! My MIL even told me that she didn't send any out last year because she just didn't have time! Now she's all set!

Hope you enjoyed the cards! Check back in a day or two and I'll post the video for THIS year's Paper Pumpkin kit! These are really pretty too! Hopefully, they will have the extras available for sale shortly, but remember, you DO have to be a subscriber to order the past kits too!

No comments:

Post a Comment