Saturday, August 16, 2014

Work of Art Meet Paper Pumpkin - Stampin' Up!

Crafters -

Check this out! This is just ONE of the cards we made at Paul's Pelotonia FUNdraiser in July. I had figured that since Paul was riding his bicycle for Pelotonia, I needed to do a bicycle card. The crafters who were here that day will tell you - I wasn't sure about this card! Matter of fact, I hadn't cut enough cards for this design! SO I had all the papers but just hadn't prepped enough. When the crafters wanted to make this design, I asked which color they wanted to make. Then I cut the cardstock for the individual crafter. You could say each card was cut specifically for him or her!  :)

We used my FAVORITE "Work of Art" stamp set and I paired it with a past kit from Pedal Praise Paper Pumpkin. This stamp set is no longer available, but the refill kits are still available. This is the MAIN reason why you want to JOIN PAPER PUMPKIN because once the kit is gone, it is gone!

Seriously though, here is one of the cards.
Hello Honey

The crafters had the choice of the new 2014-2016 InColors: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, or Tangelo Twist. You can click on any of the color names to see the color of cardstock. All of the cards used the Moonlight Designer Series Paper Stack. Love how that matches so well!

Fast forward a few days. Remember my friend Cyndie - the lovely lady who donated those delicious cupcakes to the fundraiser? Yeah, her! I was telling her about the cards and how much fun we had while stamping. Can you believe this? She had never stamped before! Well, let me tell you - I had a few extras of the bicycles cards cut (because I was going to have Paul use them as Thank You notes). BUT I was showing Cyndie how to stamp using this design. We had a BLAST! Check out what she made:
Cyndie's creations

How much fun was this? Cyndie played with the different colors and mixed and matched the different DSPs. LOVE the designs. And she had so much fun making these too. I think she will be using these thank you notes for her customers at her shop! What a fun way for her to thank her customers, huh? For those local bakers, make sure you check out her shop. It's the Happy Hostess House, 2892 Johnstown Road, Columbus, Ohio 43219. You can also call the shop at 614.471.7757.

SO, when I delivered (or sent to the long-distance crafters) the Holiday catalogs, I included THIS card.


I used both Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow cardstocks, but this time I used the All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack. When Cyndie was stamping her envelopes, she used a Blackberry Bliss large swoosh from the Work of Art stamp set. I liked it so much I added it to my cards. Oh! I also added a small flower using the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack, my Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, and one little tiny 1/8" Mini Brad. Cute, huh?

Hope you have enjoyed the cards. It's amazing how different the card looks when you change the cardstock color. One more reason why I LOVE the Assorted Cardstocks! You can get all of the colors in one package!

No comments:

Post a Comment