Monday, August 25, 2014

Birthday Cards - Stampin' Up!

I never seem to have enough Birthday cards on hand. How about you? And while I do assembly line when I make many of my cards, sometimes I just don't want 12 or 20 of the exact same card, in the exact same color!

How about this to really shake things up?!
Flowerpot DSP Birthday Cards!

We used the Flowerpot Designer Series Paper and just changed the cardstock color. The different cardstock colors we used are Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride, Night of Navy, and Crushed Curry. Somehow I did not grab a Crushed Curry card for this photo, BUT you can see the Crushed Curry flower on the card in the upper right.

Each card used a small strip of the Flowerpot DSP and it was mounted on a strip of Whisper White cardstock. To give that nice scalloped edge on the Whisper White, I used the Large Scallop Edgelit. Don't forget to use either your Magnetic Platform or the old-fashioned post-it notes method. Those were precut with the cards for my class members.

For those of you who have attended my card classes before, you know that I try to have everything ready so all you have to do is enjoy your card making. It was no different with this card class! AND I even had the boy help with the Big Shot die cutting! He ran the Big Shot for each of those flowers! To let you know how great this kid is, each card uses two of the big flowers and one of the white flower layer. Those three layers of the flower use the Floral Frames Collection Framelits.  I made about 15 cards of each color, so that was about 75 cards. He is such a trooper because he had to run that Big Shot through 75 times 3 for each of the cards (he ran the Big Shot 225 times!). Am I ever blessed by him or what?!

Then using the 1" Circle Punch and some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, along with the 3/4" Circle Punch, the flower punchouts were complete! We just ran them through the Big Shot using the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, added a few Stampin' Dimensionals, and viola! The flowers were complete! Remember, Christmas embossing folder designs are not only for Christmas cards!

Everyone stamped their birthday greetings in Night of Navy using the Petite Pairs Stamp Set (LOVE IT - so versatile and so many different greetings!). Then using the Modern Label Punch (flipped upside down to see the sentiment, of course!), we punched out the greeting and adhered it to the card. 

We added a little bit of ribbon around the card. Because I have SO many retired ribbons, we used several different colors. Gotta tell you though...the new 1/4" Cotton Ribbons are MUCH easier to tie than the old Grosgrain ribbons we used. While I was really sorry to see all of my grosgrain retire, the new ribbons are FABULOUS!

Hope you enjoy the cards! Let me know if you want to make this card design at YOUR workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment