Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Perfect Blend + Past Paper Pumpkin = Work of Art / Stampin' Up!

I had so much fun playing with my stamps on Monday. This post was originally scheduled for Tuesday, but since Stampin' Up! announced so many wonderful things, I blogged about that on Tuesday instead. You can read all about those updates HERE.

BUT, here is the card I made on Monday:
Perfect Blend + Past Paper Pumpkin Kit =
Work of Art
Can I just tell you how easy this card was to make? Well, I used the Whisper White Notecards and Envelopes, so I didn't have to cut any papers at all! Just opened the package. These come 20 in a package and come with the envelopes for just $5.95. The notecards also come in Crumb Cake - that's new this year!

Then I grabbed my Hey ThereWelcome Kit/Paper Pumpkin Starter Kit, which is now available for purchase as a Past Kit but only available to Paper Pumpkin Subscribers - Item # is 132599. I really like that "hey there friend" stamp - use it all the time! And you can see all the Past Kits that can be ordered by going HERE.

I pulled out my Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pads. I was in a BRIGHTS Collection mood on Monday!  :)  One of the advantages of having ALL of the stamp pads (and a GREAT reason to come to one of my classes so you can try out the colors before you buy them too!).

So, I stamped my "hey there friend" in Melon Mambo on the centered bottom of the notecard. Then I took the long "swoosh" from Work of Art - I like that highly technical term - and stamped off using Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo. Because these are BRIGHTS, they are... well.. bright! I wanted the color, but I wanted it a little muted. So after I inked the stamp, I stamped in it on Grid Paper first, and then onto the notecard. I tried stamping it a few times to see how bright or muted I wanted the colors.

Once I had all the swoosh colors stamped, I grabbed my handy-dandy coffee cup from Perfect Blend and inked it in Early Espresso. I centered it on the colored swooshes. Then I stamped the image on the inside of the card, along with my information. The card was DONE!

After I was done with the card, I noticed the Melon Mambo on the coffee lid. Kinda reminded me of lipstick that is left on the coffee lid. Not an intended design, but that's how it came out!

Many of you know, I like to stamp the envelopes too. I think it really sets the card off and it lets the card recipient know that they are getting a handstamped card from me. BUT those swooshes were a little big for the smaller notecard envelope. So I used the line - it looks like a thick crayon line to me. Well, I used that with the same colors on the envelope and then stamped the coffee cup image on the envelope.

Now the card AND envelope were done! No layers, no adhesives, no extra postage. Just a quick and easy card.

Hope you like it! If you do, please consider pinning this card on Pinterest and sharing it with others. And feel free to leave me a comment! I LOVE getting comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment