Sunday, April 27, 2014

Grid at Downline Meeting - Stampin'Up!

Yesterday, four of my downline members were able to attend our quarterly meeting.

We made SEVERAL items, showcased a LOT more, and went over the business end of, well, business!

I'll be posting throughout this week with the items from our Latte Joy Stampers meeting.

But first, check this out!
Latte Joy Stampers
April 2014
Subtles Grid


Several bloggers have been showcasing their grids. So I spoke with my downline members about us doing one and had a couple of takers. We had to decide on the rules first (colors, sizes) and who was able to participate right now.

Life has gotten a little hectic for many. It's the end of the school year, tax season (YIKES!) was just this month, and everyone is just busy! So, while many of the crafters WANTED to participate, there were only three of us who signed up. Thanks to Nina Riley and Sandie Crissinger for their beautiful artwork!

We used three colors for the matting: Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, and Blushing Bride. The individual artwork didn't have to use those individual colors, only had to be part of the Subtles Color Family. LOVE that Stampin'Up! makes it so the colors all match in each color family!

After each square was matted, to make it easy, all were placed on a 7-1/8" x 7-1/8 square of Whisper White cardstock. Then that white mat was placed on an 8" x 8" piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock which was then matted to a piece of 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" Whisper White cardstock.

Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper is one of my favorites! But alas, all good things must come to an end. It is on the Retiring Accessories List! So, I used my VERY LAST PIECE of this design (I only had two full pieces of paper in this package left!) and matted it as the final matting. Then off to a Big Box store to purchase a 12" x 12" Shadow Box Frame and viola!

I'll be placing this artwork in my craft room. Originally I had planned by the door as you enter the room, but the boy is helping me look at other walls in my craft room. Can't wait for you to see it when you come over!

Thanks so much to Nina Riley and Sandie Crissinger for participating - I had a LOT of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment