Thursday, October 10, 2013

Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit - ANOTHER IDEA!

Crafters -

NOTE: I added a LOT of links on this post. Just click on the underlined words and you will be taken directly to the product so you can get an up close and personal look at the actual product!

I blogged about the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit the other day here. Well, I was waiting to order it until later in the month, but I liked the card designs and I thought.... Well.... I have just about everything they used, and I have a lot of paper, and I have a few stamp sets that would work, and I have.... I have... I have...

You get the idea, right? Since I got it all, I can whip up cards lickety-split! Yeah, right! Best laid plans, huh?

SO, two evenings later... (yes, feel free to add the exasperation in your voice when you read this because that is EXACTLY how I said it!)

Well, I did stick with using the Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper and the coordinating cardstocks of Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Strawberry Slush, and Whisper White. I added a little bit of Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla, just to match the card designs that were offered with the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit.

I used Sassy Saluations and Perfectly Penned - and I threw in the "For You" stamp from Layered Labels because it fit so perfectly! I stuck with two stamp pads, Early Espresso and Island Indigo. AND I used only the White Baker's Twine.

And I didn't even include my Big Shot, the THREE framelits, and the numerous punches I used too!

Here are MY cards using the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit (click on the link for the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit and you can see the designs that Stampin'Up! provides!):
Birthday
Congratulations
Thinking of You
Thank You
For You

Very similar, yet different. BUT I will tell you - WAY MORE WORK and QUITE A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE! I'm not even going to do the math!

You could use the Window Sheet design and make a box to hold these card designs too. I chose to use a Clamshell case. As of right now, you can still get these Clamshell cases on the Clearance Rack. I used the 6.25" x 4.5" size - such a DEAL for these too! Add a little bit of ribbon and you have a gift box that is so stinkin' easy!

 
If you are looking for a quick easy way to make cards, trust me - learn from my mistakes, get the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit and save your time!  :)   I guess I'm sayin'... Stampin' Up! REALLY knows what works!

Thank you Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment