Sunday, February 10, 2013

Colorful Swallowtail

Isn't he just beautiful?
Burnished Swallowtail
Using Jet Black StazOn, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Tangerine Tango
Throw in Bring on the Cake and you have an EASY and FAST card!
I KNOW! I think so too! 

I made this card during a class I attended last week. One of my friends had a birthday on Saturday, so I had to hold off posting this card until AFTER her birthday! I think she liked it.

And it was SO STINKIN' EASY! The base of the card is Tangerine Tango. BUT the part you may not believe is... the top layer, the one with the Swallowtail butterfly, yeah, that is WHISPER WHITE! I KNOW! but it really is!

After stamping Mr. Swallowtail in Jet Black StazOn and letting him dry for a minute or two, take three sponge daubers. Stamp your sentiment at this time too. Make sure you label them so you can use them later too - not only a time saving tip but a COST savings tip too!

I let mine sit for a few minutes before I adhere it to the card. And then you are done! Viola!

I think it actually took me a minute or two longer to clean my stamp with my StazOn cleaner than it took to stamp and color the card! That cleaner is messy, but it works! (Did you know we sold StazOn Cleaner? Yeah... I think it is often missed. I know I was a demo for YEARS before I finally got it!)

This is one of the techniques I'll be showcasing in my March Private Card Classes. Let me know when you want to schedule yours!

(Spoiler Alert - If you like butterflies and this technique, you may want to attend the March Butterflies class. You can see that we will be using ALMOST every butterfly that Stampin'Up! currently offers!)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card....I love this giant butterfly and there are so many ways to use and to color it...this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete