Using Jet Black StazOn, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Tangerine Tango
Throw in Bring on the Cake and you have an EASY and FAST card!
I made this card during a class I attended last week. One of my friends had a birthday on Saturday, so I had to hold off posting this card until AFTER her birthday! I think she liked it.
And it was SO STINKIN' EASY! The base of the card is Tangerine Tango. BUT the part you may not believe is... the top layer, the one with the Swallowtail butterfly, yeah, that is WHISPER WHITE! I KNOW! but it really is!
After stamping Mr. Swallowtail in Jet Black StazOn and letting him dry for a minute or two, take three sponge daubers. Stamp your sentiment at this time too. Make sure you label them so you can use them later too - not only a time saving tip but a COST savings tip too!
- Using first your Daffodil Delight and a sponge dauber, start "coloring" Mr. Swallowtail.
- Grab hold of your Melon Mambo and its matching sponge dauber and continue to color.
- Tangerine Tango and its matching sponge dauber is the last color used.
- After the Mr. Swallowtail is colored, move onto the background and "color" it all over too.
- Go light at first; it is always easy to add more color (think of it like when you are getting a haircut - always easier to take a little bit more off, but you cannot add it back on once it is cut!)
- Color all over the whisper white cardstock with the colored sponge daubers.
I think it actually took me a minute or two longer to clean my stamp with my StazOn cleaner than it took to stamp and color the card! That cleaner is messy, but it works! (Did you know we sold StazOn Cleaner? Yeah... I think it is often missed. I know I was a demo for YEARS before I finally got it!)
This is one of the techniques I'll be showcasing in my March Private Card Classes. Let me know when you want to schedule yours!
(Spoiler Alert - If you like butterflies and this technique, you may want to attend the March Butterflies class. You can see that we will be using ALMOST every butterfly that Stampin'Up! currently offers!)