Sunday, January 27, 2013

Express Card Class

Crafters -

What a busy day Saturday was! Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or your favorite beverage and enjoy this post - along with some pretty cards!

First, the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit Card Class was held Saturday morning. We even made a box for the cards so it can sit on a desk or bookcase and it will be SO EASY to just grab a card and go (and looks pretty too)! The next card class - February Card Class - will feature the Razzleberry Splash Simply Scrappin' Kit. I've added details on my Classes page. We will also be making a DIFFERENT box to go with this set! You will need to RSVP by February 9th so I can ensure I have enough supplies ordered!

Then while we were finishing the cards and taking orders, others began arriving for the Express Card Class in the afternoon.

It was so nice to meet some new friends. And it was nice to have old friends stop by too! A good time was had by all! 

During the afternoon, we began with the Oh, Hello stamp set, using the Note Cards and Envelopes (SO EASY!) - even using markers. What a cute card, huh? And everyone made one - so much fun! All five of the 2012-2014 InColors are used on this one!
Oh Hello
using Note Cards and Envelopes
Quick and Easy!

 
And with a variation, still using the same colors, but a different stamp set - Thoughts and Prayers and the FREE Sale-a-bration set called Bloomin' Marvelous. Totally different look! Oh, and I had to a little bit o' bling on the flowers! Love my Basic Rhinestone Jewels!
Thoughts and Prayers


Who wouldn't love this gift set?
Change the sayings, add a ribbon to tie it together,
and you have a wonderful gift!



The new Paper Pumpkin kit subscriptions begin in March, and THIS was a big hit! Not only did I show the card that you can make with the kit.
Paper Pumpkin Card Kit


I also showed how we "changed up" the card, just a bit, to make it similar. We did this card on Friday evening at my downline meeting.
Paper Pumpkin Card kit
MODIFIED using different papers,
but sticking with the same color theme


And because there were a couple of NEW stampers here on Saturday, check out this idea using this GREAT kit!
Paper Pumpkin
Kept the same card design
Changed the colors and paper
and viola!

Seriously, the ideas always seem the hardest for me. LOVE that the idea is already given to me - I just have to change the colors! And it is delivered to my door each month! YEAH!!!! Thank you Stampin' Up! for thinking of this!

As I mentioned to the crafters during the Express Card Class, when these Paper Pumpkin kits start arriving, my customers will be invited to my home to put them together. We will also make one additional card (like the Wisteria card) so we have SEVERAL ideas to use with this new kit. **Update - This has now changed. (April 2014)

When you sign up for this monthly subscription kit, please choose me (Dawn Stock, Grove City, Ohio) as your demonstrator. The way I understand it, the demonstrator is not yet notified when you join. So when you sign up, jot me an email! Here are some of the FAQs about the whole Paper Pumpkin too!

I have scheduled the FOURTH SATURDAY of each month for my Paper Pumpkin Party! We will meet from 8a-9a and you will need to bring your Paper Pumpkin kit, along with your Crafter's Kit items with you. Once you sign up, I'll send you the particulars! I've also added a page link about Paper Pumpkin. You can see the dates and some information here.  **Update - This has now changed. (April 2014) (**UPDATE: DATE CHANGE FOR MARCH DUE TO EASTER WEEKEND - March's date has been rescheduled to Saturday, April 6th, from 8a-9a)

We finished Saturday afternoon with one other demonstration and SEVERAL drawings. Everyone left with a catalog, some cards, and some new friendships!

Hope you have enjoyed viewing the fun we had on Saturday afternoon. If YOU would like to schedule YOUR workshop, have this kind of fun, AND earn FREE Sale-a-bration items, contact me. I'd LOVE to be your demonstrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment