Wednesday, December 26, 2012

While I Was Playing Today...

Because my NEW stuff is due to arrive any day now, I have been trying to straighten my Craft Room. Anyone else ever try to do that? Sometimes I feel like I'm putting a square peg into a round hole and I also realize how much STUFF I really do have! YIKES!!!!

Well, I keep my retired items separate (but still close by) from my current products. You see, I still make lots of cards; I still am involved in the Card Ministry at my church; and I still sell cards. So I use my retired items - well, those items I don't sell, of course!

All kinds of ideas have been going through my head with the new card class in January. You know the one - it's using a new Simply Scrappin' Kit called Flower Fair. It's beautiful! Uses spring-time-y colors, a ribbon that is exclusive to that kit and well... it is just perfect! It's also 8 x 8 size to fit with a matching scrapbook, if you want to go that route too!

Well, while I was moving things around to make room for my new stuff, I ran across my old Kiwi Kiss textured cardstock and then I saw my retired Bella Rose Designer Series Paper (which is still available as the Bella Rose Designer Series Paper Digital Download - click HERE to see the WOW! designs in that DSP Package... WELL, guess what I came up with?

This is just the card box.


And I made 12 cards!
First Six Cards


Second Six Cards


For the 12 cards I used the equivalent of half of a Simply Scrappin' Kit (like the new Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit we will be using on January 26th!). EXCEPT I added 2 sheets of Whisper White cardstock and some scraps. You see, the Simply Scrappin' Kit comes with stickers that make card designs just so easy! Yeah... well... I didn't have those, so I used stamps, and punches, and markers, OH MY! Added a little bit of bling (rhinestones and pearls) and made them ALL Birthday cards!

Did you notice that I used Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, and Chocolate Chip Cardstocks, in addition to the retired Kiwi Kiss Cardstock? YUP! The Flower Fair SSK also comes with FOUR different colored cardstock. We'll be adding some neutrals to go with those colors at the class too!

Want to see what I do with the Flower Fair Simply Scrappin' Kit? Sign up for my card class scheduled for Saturday, January 26th and YOU can make the cards too! You'll also receive a couple of embellishments with YOUR card kit for the class. Look forward to seeing you here!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...I have a bunch of this DSP as well, and great time to use it! I am a Hobby Demo so can keep and use what I have on hand (like you tons of it!)...but have a few customers that buy the new stuff, thank goodness! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete