Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Blessings Card

Crafters -

You hear so many times... "no need to reinvent the wheel..."  Yeah. But we do it over and over and over again, huh?

Well I decided that I was going to NOT reinvent the wheel just one time. Usually I marry three or four (and sometimes MORE) ideas into one card. Any Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear fans out there? All I can say is "NOT TODAY ZURG!"  :)

So, I went to the StampingAndBlogging.com blog. Using the Saturday Sketch Challenge #8 sketch here, I came up with this:
Christmas Blessings


I do have to tell you - WAY prettier IRL (in real life)! The white shadow behind the ornament punch - just looks so nice on the card. Where did I get the idea, you may ask? Well, look at my blog header! Notice the shadow behind the ornaments on my blog header? You got it!

And did you notice the berries on this poinsettia? YUP! It is the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details - LOVE them!

Using markers, you can spotlight just one part of an image. That's exactly what I did on the poinsettia from the Christmas Blessings stamp set. I did the mistletoe image first - didn't really like that one as well. It was still nice, just thought the poinsettia image was a little bit better fit for the ornament punch!

Hope you enjoy!


Supplies (click to see the image):

Christmas Blessings Stamp Set, item #123809
Very Vanilla Cardstock, item #101650
Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper, item #126896
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock, item #119685
Champagne Glimmer Paper, item #127885
Ornament Punch, item #119847
Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon, item #126848
Cherry Cobbler Marker, item #119681 OR part of the Regals Markers, item #119701
Gumball Green Marker, part of the 2012-2014 InColor Markers, item #126856
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad, item #101731
Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, item #125585
Stampin' Dimensionals, item #104430
Sponge Daubers, item #102892

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn, we love what you did with the sketch challenge this week and thanks so much for playing along with us over at Stamping and Blogging

    ReplyDelete