Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Non-Stamping Related...

Crafters -

As I am finishing my cards for this weekend's Downline meeting on Saturday morning and my final Stamp of the Month Club class for Saturday afternoon, I have also been doing some OTHER crafting. 

The kind with the crochet hook and some really cool yarn. Here's the "group" picture. What do you think?
All the ruffled scarves lined up in a row.
Which is YOUR favorite ruffled scarf?

And here they are individually:
Pinks and Grays


Pinks and White


Purples


Blues


Red, White, Black, and Gray
Makes it PERFECT to wear on a Buckeye Day!


Rust and Green and Blue and Purple
OH MY!


Greens and Tans


Browns, Tans, and White


Browns and Grays

Black, White, and Gray
Yup - I have been BUSY! 

As many of you know, I was at the "Table of Ruth" this weekend (clap-clap-clap) and had taken several of these yarns with me to work on them. Well tonight (Tuesday) was our mini-gathering and I had shown several of the other ladies how to make these over the weekend - it was SO cool to see both Crystal and Diane wearing the scarves that they made!

Crystal is an origami expert and she even crafted a box that these beauties fit VERY nicely into! Unfortunately, we weren't able to get together so I could learn how she did those. I'm emailing her next for the directions!  :)  I hope to post a picture of the boxes then. I have so much retired paper, I'm hoping that 12x12 retired Designer Series Papers will make the most beautiful boxes!

And, because several of you have asked about these and I have given you my business card, these are the ones that I have already crafted and they are available. Let me know which scarf you are interested in and we can go from there.

There are so very many ways to share our gifts and talents. Please don't be boxed into just one type of crafting. Explore all avenues and take the road less traveled. You may find that you enjoy the journey all the more...


The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment