Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stamp of the Month Club!

Wow! It's August 1st?! Really? August 1st!!!

Where does the time go? So many stamps, so little time... as the (modified) saying goes...  :)

Well, I hope you have been enjoying your summer and for those of you who purchased the "Reason to Smile" stamp set for $5 - I KNOW you have been! Isn't that just such a fun stamp set? I've made several cards with it and blogged about those cards too! Shame it is now gone, huh?
Dawn Stock Stamping Stampin
Reason to Smile
Limited Edition Stamp Set

You've heard me say this before, but when you purchase a stamp set, you should purchase it with the idea that you will be able to make five different things with it. Not just one design, made in five different colors - see I know how my mind works, huh?

Seriously, to get the most bang for your buck, you should be able to make five different things with each stamp set. NOW - that said - if there is something that is your passion, your life, your end-all-be-all, then of course - you should purchase that stamp set without the five designs in your mind. You'll use those more than the five times!

My examples include coffee designs (believe me - if I could take it intravenously, I would!), computers, bicycling, and whatever-the-boy-is-into-at-the-moment stamp sets. I purchase those as long as I like the designs. I know I'll get the five different things out of those!

So, how many of you have ever looked at the variety of card designs, liked a design so you purchased the stamp set, made that ONE card, and then the stamp set sat on your shelf? OH yeah, and this is if you had time to get to the stamp set to make the one card!  Anyone? Please tell me I'm not alone - I used to do that all the time!

How would YOU like to purchase a stamp set and make three designs with it WITHIN the month you purchase the stamp set? Does that sound like something you'd like to do?

I'm going to try something new for the next three months (August, September, and October). If this is successful, I'll continue this in January.

Here's the deal:
  • Each month, a new stamp set will be chosen and the price will be provided for the stamp set and class - one stop shopping!
  • You will use YOUR stamp set to make the designs here at my home. No waiting on the stamps because you will be using your own!
  • You will leave here that day with three different designs and be ready to go!
  • No more "I like that stamp set BUT..." reasons. You've used your stamp set!

August - Blooming With Kindness. Contact me by August 10th so I may order the stamp set for you. THEN, come to my home on Friday, August 24th or Saturday, August 25th, to make the card designs. (IF there is enough interest, I can add a morning class too.) When you register for this class, your cost will be $25 for clear mount ($31 for wood mount). This cost will include your stamp set AND the three designs when you attend the class on August 24th or 25th. (And yes, you will need to attend the class to receive the three designs)

Here's one card I've already made with this wonderful set:
Dawn Stock Stamping Stampin
Blooming With Kindness

You will need to bring with you:
  • YOUR stamp set (with your blocks, if clear mount). You will need to have your stamp set ready to go when you arrive. That means mounted, put together, ready to put ink on the stamps!
  • YOUR crafter's kit
  • Your favorite "handstamped by" or personalized stamp set - you want to be able to show that YOU made these designs!
  • IF you have one, please bring your Stampin'Scrub. That way, you aren't having to wait on someone else to use mine and it is right there with you!
    • IF you bring your Stampin'Scrub - I'll have a small gift for you!
You will use my stamp pads, markers, Sizzix die cuts, embossing folders, etc. - whatever the design uses - to make these. A GREAT way to try-before-you-buy if you've been on the fence! 

And, I will NOT be posting the pictures of the designs from this special class on my blog. You will need to attend the class so you have your OWN designs.

**NOTE: If you already have the stamp set and wish to attend the class, the cost will be $15. RSVP by August 10th if you wish to attend the class. Your payment is your RSVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment