Monday, July 9, 2012

The "Why" Questions...


Why do I need a demonstrator?  
Why should I choose Dawn Stock as my demonstrator?  
Why should I become a demonstrator?
Why should I choose Dawn Stock as my upline?

HHmmmm...... all excellent questions! Thank you for asking!  :)   And I chose purple shades because one of my girlfriends always has something purple. I think her day is good when she wears purple (or has purple close by...). So thanks Teresa Jane - I'm sharing purples because of YOU today!


Ok, onto the questions....

Why do I need a demonstrator?
Well, let's see... The catalog has a GREAT bunch of all kinds of stuff; cardstock, and ribbon, and brads, oh my! Sizzix dies, and punches, and markers, oh my! And a whole lot more! First, you need a demonstrator if you want to have a workshop in your home. It's almost like a mini card party brought right to you! Second, your demonstrator should be knowledgeable. Not about everything, of course. But your demonstrator should be able to show you how to play with the items you purchase. Do you know how to use everything in the catalog? I have a LOT of stuff and I don't know everything about everything in the catalog! But I know who to ask when I have questions about the stuff...

Why should I choose Dawn Stock as my demonstrator?
I know when I first became a demo, I had a LOT to learn. I had only one Stampin'Up! stamp set before I became a demo. I had never been to a workshop EVER and when my Starter Kit came... I kinda looked at some of the things and went "Ha! Now what?" Guess what? I learned how to use the stuff and MORE! I offer card classes and use some of the latest products so you can try-them-before-you-buy-them! I have an online store so you can place your order at 2am if you'd like - I also can take orders using my paper order forms here - best of BOTH worlds! Many of my friends (who are also customers) will tell you that I'm usually up at 3am, so you can usually email me at that time and get a response right away too! (FYI - the 3am thing - that is not a guarantee - please don't call me at that hour - emails are ALWAYS welcome though! Thanks so much for understanding that one!  hahaha!). And many times, I offer a class or technique class for my customers so they can learn how to play with the items they purchase. The items aren't worth much if you pay for them and they sit on a shelf. You will bless others when you use your products. Think of the story about the talents (or bags of gold) in Matthew 25:14-30.

Why should I become a demonstrator? 
Do you like everything in the catalog? Or at least MOST of it? Do you WANT almost everything in the catalog? As I've told customers for years, I'm more than happy to take your orders and your money as your demonstrator. Feel free to contact me to place your order, I'll show you have to play with the items, you can always email me about the products you have ordered from me. BUT, if you are going to purchase the items anyway, why not pay yourself? As a demonstrator, you earn 20% when someone places an order - and you SAVE 20% when you order from yourself. But right now, and actually this is the way it is scheduled to be from now on, you get your Starter Kit for $99. They have listed a Sample Starter Kit and some suggested items. AND you actually receive up to $125 in merchandise. Now, correct me if my math is wrong, but that is MORE than the regular 20%. AND with your first order within 45 days of signing up, you also will receive an extra 10%. If you will be purchasing enough to qualify for a workshop, you should become a demonstrator. You receive a FREE box of catalogs with your Starter Kit - hand them out to YOUR friends so they can order from YOU! You don't have to have workshops or classes, but you can if you want. You don't have to have a downline (people who sign up under you), but you can if you want. You can take the Starter Kit and run. You can become a business builder and become the FOURTH person to sell over $1 million in Stampin'Up! product. I was there at Convention when the first lady achieved that goal. Let me assure you - Stampin'Up! is the kind of company that really takes care of their demonstrators (in my humble opinion, of course!). And Stampin'Up! appreciates both their hobbyists and their business builders. I was also there when I heard Shelli Gardner, CEO and co-founder state "We came to this dance with the hobbyists. We will leave this dance with the hobbyists." She said this at the 2008 Convention. Let me tell you - I got goosebumps when she said it. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that she meant it too. Remember Dave Thomas in the Wendy's commercials? To me, Dave Thomas was Wendy's - I couldn't think of one without the other. Shelli Gardner is the same with Stampin'Up! She IS Stampin'Up! And who doesn't want to have a job with such a fun boss?

Why should I choose Dawn Stock as my upline?
Because our meetings are so much fun! Because we learn from others as we share our gifts and talents with each other. Because we have become friends through this wonderful crafting "cult" as my husband calls it! It's really not a cult, I can promise you that! But it is a LOT of fun. As many of you know, I was a demonstrator for a few years but quit last year. I rejoined after waiting the six months (Stampin'Up!'s rules, not mine) and I rejoined the first day I was able to rejoin. FYI - Stampin'Up! has since changed that rule to only 90 days now. THANK YOU STAMPIN'UP! for that change too! Anyway, I'm here to stay now - I have a wonderful upline who helps TREMENDOUSLY with training and running this like a business. If you no longer have an active upline, you can resign (quit) before the end of the month and then on the 10th business day of the following month, you can rejoin. AND you get all the same things just like a NEW demonstrator would. With all the savings! But seriously, you can ask my downline, both current and former members - my downline meetings are a lot of fun. We learn so much while we are together. We meet quarterly and the next few meetings are already scheduled. Click on the "Latte Joy (downline" link here.)


So that should answer most of the "why" questions in a nutshell. If I missed something, please feel free to ask me. Hope to see YOU at one of my Latte Joy Stampers meetings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment