Monday, July 2, 2012

Reason to Smile and Made for You Stamp Sets

Crafters -

Can I tell you how nice the Reason to Smile stamp set is? And I have only just begun to play with the set! As a demonstrator, I have access to this wonderful group through Stampin'Up! called Stampin'Connection. Demonstrators from across the world can post, including pictures. Well, I saw a card the other day and she used both the Designer Frames Folder embosslit, along with one of the Labels Collection Framelits, on her card.  I decided to use that idea and combine it with my Reason to Smile AND my Made for You Stamp sets.

Check this out (click on the picture to enlarge it):
Designer Frames Folder AND Labels Collection Framelits

I will give you a tip that I learned the hard way. Emboss it FIRST, then you will want to use your Framelit. I was doing it that way, but it kinda "flattened" the embossing, so I thought... "Hey, why not do it the other way around? That way my embossing stays really sharp!" Yeah... best laid plans, huh? In theory, it should have worked that way each and every time. Yeah... only about two out of three, or in my case, four out of six. Sometimes, things just move the way they want to move - although it could be operator-error. (smile)  I think I'll go back to embossing first, and THEN use the Framelit. Live and learn, huh?

I really like the new Primrose Petals InColor. It is a Dynamic Duo with Pink Pirouette and I wanted to make an easy and fast card. This is what the card using those colors. I also used the NEW Fancy Fan Folder and the Extra-Large Oval Punch on the card.
Reason to Smile using Pink Pirouette and Primrose Petals cardstocks

I really liked the combination, so I thought I'd try combining the Primrose Petals with the Raspberry Ripple, as they are both in the same color family. Don't you just LOVE how you know everything matches within the color families? It makes it so much easier for people like me. I think this will make a much nicer FALL birthday card. Just seems a little muted for me, especially with the BEAUTIFUL weather we are having here - I want light, bright and summer-y right now!
Reason to Smile using Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple cardstocks

Hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed making them!


Supplies used (click on each item to view the item):
Reason to Smile stamp set (wood mount #131274, clear mount #131275)
Made for You stamp set
Primrose Petals marker (part of the 2012-2014 InColor Stampin'Write Markers)
Raspberry Ripple marker (part of the 2012-2014 InColor Stampin'Write Markers)
Gumball Green marker (part of the 2012-2014 InColor Stampin'Write Markers)

No comments:

Post a Comment