Saturday, July 14, 2012

Peloton with Postage Due Stamp Set

Crafters - 

As many of you know, my husband is a cyclist. That is the MAIN reason I purchased the Postage Due stamp set. I made his birthday card out of it - and he LOVED it!

A little background first, before you get to the cards... Today was Stage 13 of the Tour de France. There are 20 stages. The "peloton" is the pack of riders. The yellow jersey or the "maillot jaune" is for the day's winner (the guy in front). The green jersey is for the best sprinter (fastest guy). The polka dot jersey is for the "King of the Mountains" (best climber). If you ever get to watch any of the Tour, it is great to watch. It's kinda like NASCAR but without the vehicles. FYI - this is all my layman's terms; hubby can describe it WAY better!

Here's how I started all of this...
If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?
Albert Einstein

SO, because hubby actually likes and uses my cards (isn't he just a gem!), I wanted to make some for him. And I saw Dawn Griffith's card, so since she just has the BESTEST first name... I CASEd her card and made these:
Summer Starfruit
My version of the Yellow Jersey or the Maillot Jaune
Gumball Green
My version of the Green Sprinter's Jersey
Raspberry Ripple
My version of Red Polka Dot King of the Mountains (KoM) Jersey
Midnight Muse
Primrose Petals
Pool Party
Lucky Limeade
Island Indigo


And here's my version of the Postage Due Stamp Set Peloton - look out Tour de France, Postage Due is on your heels!  :)  If you've ever watched the Tour, you see all kinds of bright colors. Aren't the InColors just PERFECT for this Peloton?
The entire Peloton with the Maillot Jaune (yellow = Summer Starfruit) leading the pack,
followed closely by the King of the Mountains (red = Raspberry Ripple)
and the Sprinter (green = Gumball Green) right behind.


Hope you enjoy the cards and much as I enjoyed making them! OH - and so you know just how quick and easy these are, I made two of each color for a total of 16 cards. I completed them, included assembly, within two hours. As I was making them for hubby, he didn't want any of the bows and ribbons, so that saved a LOT of time. Quick and EASY! Let me know if you want to do this card at YOUR workshop!

Supplies used (click on the item's link to order from my online store):
Whisper White Craft Stampin'Pad
Heat Tool (to speed the drying time of the Craft Stampin'Pad)

No comments:

Post a Comment