Sunday, June 24, 2012

Postage Due and the 2012 Tour de France

Crafters -

As many of you have heard me say before, don't purchase a stamp set unless you can make five different designs out of it. Not the same design, in five different colors or with five different sentiments, but five different designs.

Of course, there are always exceptions. I purchase dinosaur sets like Dinoroar because we have a boy. Ours likes dinosaurs and I know I'll use this set over and over and over again. Well, hubby is a cyclist - he participates in a number of rides that support cancer research and the like. So when I saw Postage Due, I knew I had to get that set! Especially with him participating in Pelotonia this year. You can read more about his rider profile here.

Well... he also watches the Tour de France! And the Tour begins Saturday, June 30th. It is on our TV throughout the day and it is recorded each and every day, each and every stage. This year, he is going to be able to go to France to actually watch a couple of the stages in person! We are VERY excited about that.

SO, with all of that in mind, I was finally able to play with the Postage Due stamp set. What do you think?
Postage Due stamp set
And keeping with the Tour mentality, there is the yellow bike (representing the yellow jersey or the maillot jaune which is awarded each day to the stage winner), the green "3" (representing the green jersey for the sprinter), and the red flower (representing the red in the polka dots for the "King of the Mountains" jersey).

I did not use the same shades of those colors because anyone who is involved in cycling will tell you - they use really bright shades of colors - so they can be seen, is my guess.  :)  However, most of the colors are a little harsh on the eyes. I chose to use my Color Coach, along with the colors that were in the Fan Fair Designer Series Papers

Hope you enjoy the card as much as I enjoyed making it!

All supplies are listed below:
More Mustard marker (or part of the Regals Stampin'Write markers)
Riding Hood Red marker (or part of the Regals Stampin'Write markers)
Island Indigo marker (or part of the 2011-2013 InColor Stampin'Write markers)

No comments:

Post a Comment