Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pocket Silhouettes

Pocket Silhouettes has always been one of my favorite stamp sets. I'm going to miss it when it retires on Thursday. It's one of my "go to" stamp sets. As you can see by looking at the stamp set here, it comes with four different silhouettes and two different sayings. PERFECT for "thank you" cards, along with "thinking of you" cards. It can even be used without the sayings for a nice note card. It is so easy to make a nice card with this stamp set. OH - and did I mention that it is also available in MDS? Click here to purchase the digital download.

So today, I have been playing with this set. Here are two of the cards I made with that set.
This is a smaller card - 3.5" x 5"
Not sure if I like the bow on it or not...
What do you think?
Same exact card design, same exact color markers used, same exact embossing folder.
Just changed the color of the cardstock and ribbon.
I also made this a regular A2 size card (4.25" x 5.5").
Again, not sure on the ribbon.
What are your thoughts?
And here is a close-up of the Pear Pizzazz card.

Do you recognize the green color? You should! It has been one of my favorite InColors for the past two years! That's right - Pear Pizzazz is also retiring on Thursday. I'm having to say "good-bye" to quite a few... But I'll also get to say "hello" to quite a few NEW ones on Friday! :)

You should also notice that I used my favorite embossing folder, Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder, which is also retiring on Thursday. There are a couple of new ones that I will be receiving when I place my order out of the new catty, and they will be nice substitutes, but I just like the look of this one. Here's what MY embossing folder looks like:
Well loved embossing folder.
Well done good and faithful embossing folder.
Thank you for your service!
Notice the black markings that are on the folder? No? That's right - it is because I have used this one so much, they have worn off. You can just barely see where the black markings were!  :)  Can you tell this one is well loved? It's like my own personal velveteen rabbit (a wonderful book that is so very true).

Check back on Thursday evening for my final pictures of some of my retired items. And don't forget that you can order most of these products through Thursday. After that, no more...  :(

Supplies used (click on the items for links to my Demo website so YOU can make your own cards too!):
Pocket Silhouettes Stamp set (also available in MDS/digital download)
Pear Pizzazz 8.5" x 11" cardstock
More Mustard Marker
Cherry Cobbler Marker
Elegant Eggplant Marker
Garden Green Marker
** More Mustard and Elegant Eggplant INDIVIDUAL markers have already sold out. You can order them with the rest of the Regals markers here OR you can order the complete set of Many Marvelous Markers here.
Finial Press Embossing Folder
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon
Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon (retired a long time ago...)


AND don't forget this post, which lists my special through Thursday night at midnight. If you place an online order of $50 or more in merchandise during the month of May from me, you'll receive a Certificate at the end of the month in the amount of the normal shipping charges - to be used on a future order, AND you'll receive the new catalog NOW! Don't delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment