Happy Mother's Day!

Crafters -

Today is May 13th and it is Mother's Day. This morning, our son woke up and gave me his store-bought card. He picked out a wonderful card. Then I was served Cinnabon cereal, complete with him pouring the milk for me, I made my cup of coffee and we enjoyed breakfast together - WITHOUT THE TV SET ON!!!!   :)  The boy even read me the comics - wasn't that sweet?

Then the best part happened. He said "mom, why don't we make a Mother's Day card for you?" Well... what could I say? Of course! He told me that he was going to use his own stamps (he has several!).

SO, this is what his work area looked like while he was crafting.
The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?
And here is the final result
Front of card - in English and Spanish (thanks to Google Translate!)

Inside of the card - in multiple colors!

And the back of the card!


Let me assure you, THIS card will be treasured for years to come.

...his mother treasured all these things in her heart. - Luke 2:51b


AND, he had ink on his fingers - as the saying goes "If there is ink on my fingers, there's a smile on my face." When I told him that, he smiled. What a wonderful gift...

Enjoy your day with family and friends.

OH - he also wanted to make a Mother's Day card for a friend of mine, Donna. She doesn't have children, but she and the boy have a running count of how many more hugs she has than I do (last count was around 700 or so but I'M NOT COUNTING!!!!). Anyway, he told me "she's like a mom to me, so I'm going to make her a card too." We're hoping to see her at church so he can give it to her. Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latte Suite, Team Top Sales, and New Team Members!

Check it out! Latte cards for my Latte Joy Stampers Top Sales and Welcome New Team Members This Display Template makes it SO MUCH EASIER to ...