Saturday, September 24, 2011

Whew!

Did you hear that sigh of relief from our home?

I just finished the last assignment in my accounting class. That makes nine classes complete with one remaining class. WHEW! 

Now onto prepping for the cardmaking at Ronald McDonald House on Sunday (and yes, it is 2:30 in the morning - smile). I have found it is so much easier to take quizzes and exams in the wee-hours of the morning than when the small child is awake. I'd much rather play and spend time with him instead of concentrating on exactly what the steps are for Activity-Based Costing. We made Origami Yodas earlier tonight - let me assure you, that was WAY more fun!

So I hope to see you on Sunday at RMHC! All supplies will be provided, but if you could bring your adhesive and scissors, it would be much appreciated.

And last, I leave you with few thoughts (all are from the NIV):
1) There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens - Ecclesiastes 3:1
2) I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. - Ecclesiastes 3:12
3) So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them? - Ecclesiastes 3:22


I really like Ecclesiastes Chapter 3 - check it out!

But the reason I list those three specific verses is because I feel that they really fit with Stampin'Up!'s Statement of the Heart:
To love what we do and share what we love,
as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . .
in this we make a difference.


Sometimes "things" (and even people) get in the way, zap our joy, and just generally get the better of us. None of us are perfect. And that impacts how we do the things we enjoy (like papercrafting!).  Why do we allow that to happen? As I tell my downline, this (our crafting passion) is supposed to be fun! And although we are supposed to turn the other cheek, sometimes branches have to be cut; and those branches that remain, sometimes have to be pruned.

I think I'll grab my pruning shears and go to work... look for a few changes in the next few months...


No comments:

Post a Comment