Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

As you know, today is September 11th. Today is an anniversary. Anniversaries take many different shapes and styles and are celebrated or remembered in different ways. My husband and I celebrate a wedding anniversary and (usually) do something special. I celebrate my official hire date at my real job. Our former pastor celebrates an anniversary - his cancer anniversary - with his family (they go to Florida to celebrate).

The musician, Alan Jackson, has a song called "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)" - I couldn't find an official video of the song, but if you haven't heard it, it really does place things in perspective. Spend time with those you love. There are a number of memorials planned today throughout the country. Sometimes we forget what is really important...

**UPDATE: Although I couldn't locate an official video of his song, I did find an interview he did when he discussed this song.



I do have homework today (blech!), but we will also be celebrating with family. Our son was born shortly after September 11th. How many of us re-centered our lives after September 11th? I remember going to church the evening of September 11th to pray with friends and my church family. The churches were packed right after that day.

I did find a video with Lee Greenwood singing at the Grand Ole Opry. It is part of an official video from Opryland. This was a live performance. Hope you enjoy the words and sentiment behind them...


God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment